JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 65" S90C OLED TV Persistent Display Glitches and Audio Drops

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Members_UarcVsq
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Samsung TV Glitch 1.jpgSamsung TV Glitch 2.jpgScreenshot_20240629_141011_Gallery.jpgIMG_20240707_200119.jpgSamsung TV Glitch 3.jpg

I bought a 65" S90C OLED TV about 7 months ago. I have been experiencing weird issues, both visual and audio, shortly after buying the TV. They became more common after the typical return window ended at Best Buy, so I decided to wait for software updates to fix the issues, but that hasn't worked out. In fact, it seems to get worse with every update. On top of that, Samsung support has been incredibly unhelpful. Their support system seems to be designed to discourage people from follow through if they need a replacement unit or refund. I have been trying to get to a resolution with them for weeks and have spent hours on the phone after several hardware repairs were attempted and nothing has worked.

Here's a list of problems I have with the TV:

1) Visual artifacting/glitching that displays very obvious shapes and patterns over the content I am watching. This happens regardless of what app I am using, but seems to bemost common with Hulu, Max, and YouTube.

2) Refesh rate changes and drops. This happens constantly. It seems like the TV is trying guess what frame rate the content it is trying to display is and adjusts the refresh rate on the fly to match that assumed frame rate, but it can't process the image fast enough, so it displays the content as choppy and studders for sveral seconds at a time before it catches up and corrects itself. This is really common with YouTube and YouTube TV.

3) Random audio drops. I have a Sonos sound system that I have used on two TVs before this Samsung one and I have never had this issue, yet this newer TV drops audio a couple of times a day. It ususally cuts out and freezes the image for a second or two.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern or reasoning as to how or why these issues are taking place. I have had Samsung repair technicians come by 4 times to attempt to repair it, but they can't fix it and Samsung support does not want to honor the warranty by providing me with a refund or replacment unit, so now I am stuck with a $1,700+ TV that does not work correctly and I cannot sell because I don't want to push this piece of **bleep** onto someone else.

Has anyone else had these issues with a Samsung OLED TV?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Just want to confirm does this occur on all sources. If it's only occurring on the apps then this will be a Wi-Fi issue and would recommend using your 2.4Ghz network of the 5GHz network as sometimes issues can be caused. You can also try the information in the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10000062/ 

If this does not help service will be required, depending on your warranty you will have a few options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

View solution in context

7 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Could be a software or screen glitch om not up to techy terms so bear with me not something a software update would fix if it's in the screens i.e oleds think pixels should of got a replacement from start or got warranty repaired when got it not blaming you at all but sometimes any company make any fix or repair a chore and it is frustrating for sure may see if they will let you talk to escalations
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Is it the location of the router that some other client may be causing interference.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! Just want to confirm does this occur on all sources. If it's only occurring on the apps then this will be a Wi-Fi issue and would recommend using your 2.4Ghz network of the 5GHz network as sometimes issues can be caused. You can also try the information in the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10000062/ 

If this does not help service will be required, depending on your warranty you will have a few options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

Members_UarcVsq
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I am getting the artifacting using the built in apps, not typically using an external device using an HDMI input, but it has happened a few times when I play games via my Xbox, so the media source doesn't seem to be linked to the issue, which has made it hard to pin down.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

From what you're describing you could have a couple of issues.  First, if it happens with Xbox once in a while that could be the HDMI cable.  The fact that it seems to happen with streaming services is a strong indicator of a bandwidth issue

Just to cover all the bases, try calling your ISP and see if they can prioritize your TV (MAC Address needed) 

I honestly don't have an opinion about the refresh rate and that could mean that the TV needs service. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Members_UarcVsq
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

DONT NOT MARK THIS AS SOLVED. ALLOW ME TO REPLY TO MY OWN POST AND ALLOW ME TO SAY WHEN MY ISSUES ARE RESOLVED.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Soundbar dropouts have been reported here and alledgely related to firmware versions.  There have been no post as yet claiming that it has been fixed. 

The video artifacts do seem like either a throughput issue or a bad HDMI cable. 

You can use the bandwidth test in Netflix to see what you get. 

do you get the video artifacts when playing a Blu ray or DVD? 

For grins, try the wireless. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes