JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

G9 Flickering REPOST BECAUSE YOU DONT REPLY!

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 07:20 AM)
userjjG1FYHJ14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

So i stupidly bought a G9 and i gotta say im not impressed at all.. at any refresh rate with gsync on or off no matter if i use the supplyed cable or the 8k DP cable i bought i get pixel walk to the point the screen FLICKERS so bad its almost epileptic inducing (as someone with epilepsy its not plesent to look at or see)  im not sure why samsung have not addressed this issue yet.. there is THOUSANDS of posts on redit with the issue and its a shame to have such a flaw to ruin a product, if the flashing of the screen causes seizures for people with Epilepsy you lot will be looking at a hefty lawsuit so please address the  issue its been to long now. 

im on the latest 1013.0 firmware running on a RTX 3090

here is an example gif that triggers the flashing/flickering on the G9

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/029/605/180/2c8ef349a4e074a44e2b472a811a403d_original.gif?ixlib=rb-...

also please patch the firmware to cause the screen to boot/wake up when you have dual monitor set up and turn on your system the screen does not wake up with the pc unless you phyiscally wake the screen by pressing the menu button.

4 Replies
enigmato
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
they don't reply because this is for Samsung product users to discuss things with eachother. there is a separate function where you can actually chat with a support department staff member. I'll find it, take screenshots and show you how to find it. If reddit has tons of posts about it, its safe to say they are aware of the issue but you'll probably want to talk to someone to find out what your options are to resolve this in a way that suits your needs. with that said, im not personally an employee of this company but im sorry you are experiencing this issue, it sounds pretty bad.
0 Likes
enigmato
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Ok I took screenshots. See on the bottom in the middle it says "get help". Click that... then it takes you to this other page where you can "text chat" or "remote support". Screenshot_20211013-024328_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20211013-024310_Samsung Members.jpg
userjjG1FYHJ14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

hey thanks for the reply actually is nice to talk to someone i was aware that it was a user forum however there are samsung employes in this forum posting fixes and suggested pages at least i thought they were?.. i have already tried the chat and was met with compleate incompetence it took 20min for them to finally reply suggesting a fix that wasnt even releated to the odyessy g9 the staff in chat are not techincaly minded at all in the slightest this is a firmware issue that samsung really should address but getting them to notice myself or the thousands of posts on reddit about the issue seems futile 😞 but thank you very much for your reply and suggestion! 

Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can definitely understand your concern here. Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110725/ 

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes