Original topic:

Volume not working with remote

(Topic created: 06-08-2017 07:46 PM)
Chrisv909
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

JUMP TO SOLUTION
106 Replies
userX0yMTM5y3r
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Yes! After pouring through all the solutions found this post and it absolutely works!

0 Likes
userIr5Aa2u4wF
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thank you!!! Couldn't figure out which back button everyone was talking about & removing battery, etc. didn't work. Mute then volume worked!!!

0 Likes
usersF1locSeg4
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Holding down the mute button for a few seconds and then trying the volume button worked for me.

0 Likes
userSnrHc7iGXt
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Holding the mute button down worked! I’m not sure if it was just holding it down or if the wiggling helped, too. I would like to think this is a fix and not just coincidence as the volume sometimes just starts working again. I’ve been fiddling with this for over an hour now (troubleshooting beyond what is in this thread).

0 Likes
userYT4RSZTdN8
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thank you!!!! It worked for me too!! Thanks for saving me time and my marriage!🤪

0 Likes
userCdYyBQtjcw
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Did what you suggested about SS remote and now all remotes are working  THANKS 

0 Likes
userddbOQzJAro
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Followed the instructions of resetting the remote and tv and it worked. Thanks!

@Chrisv909wrote:

TV was working fine yesterday I turn it on today and I had an issue with the volume not working on my Samsung remote nor on my Directv remote. So me being the guy I am I tried to figure it out on my own. Googled all possible answers, factory reset my TV. After no positive results I contacted Samsung through Live Chat. We went through the unplug TV for 60 seconds process and that didnt work. He then had me remove my batteries from my Samsung remote and hold the power button for 40-50 seconds then reinstall batteries and that seemed to work for both my TV remote and my Directv remote and I just did that process with my TV remote and it's been going strong for hours already....Hope this helps

Followed the instructions of resetting the remote and tv and it works. Thanks

0 Likes
usermBvrSRVyQX
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@Chrisv909wrote:

This solution worked for me... thx

0 Likes
user0ZCoO89ZCW
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Removed the batteries from the remote and  re installed and it worked .. thanks

0 Likes
userKLEPiWxClm
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The same thing happened with our Samsung model UN65MU630D.

This worked, thank you! 

0 Likes