JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

75” Q900TS Motherboard Failure

(Topic created: 05-15-2024 06:57 PM)
USCSHawk
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My 2020 QN75Q900TSFXZA AD04 build motherboard went out less than three years after purchase. The part through Samsung is $561 and not available through third parties as it’s discontinued.  Discontinuing a motherboard so soon is a red flag and replacing it means I will have a 3 month warranty on that part. Why not 12 months since it’s new?   Is there a known issue with this TV?  It was the one thing I splurged on after I received a disability settlement knowing I couldn’t afford something this nice ever again.  Now I’m looking at a $911 repair for a 3 year old TV meaning it’s now a $6,000 investment. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
anynomus
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I am not sure. Mobo issues are usually with misplacement, or if it's another issue, then your french toast. Discontinuing a motherboard is a horrible sign of bad manufacturing. This is a problem on Samsung's side. It looks discontinued on Samsung Parts, so it's not great news. Discuss with support and possibly (quite possibly) get a spare board. Just not sure how this will work out. And no, there was never a known with this board.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Electronic obsolescence is a fact of life and often ocures out of the blue because some part on the assembly goes obsolete.  Samsung has surely sourced a form/fit/function replacement so talk to them to get the new manufacturer part number and then you can check 3rd party prices. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Solution
USCSHawk
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Samsung took care of me and I’m a lifelong customer.  Cheers!

userBgJkLZFcxm
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Hello. What did Samsung do for you? My story is almost identical as yours. I'm out a ton of money on the same tv. And cannot get the motherboard. They wanna just give me like a 10% discount. Very upsetting
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Great News

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes