Original topic:

Can anyone help, my TV sound used to play on my galaxy s22

(Topic created: 08-06-2023 06:54 AM)
userObsfefJkIy
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Through Smart-things the TV sound would play on my phone when I would select play tv sound on phone. It has stopped doing this with a statement on the phone couldn't connect to Samsung QN85AA, any thoughts? 
15 Replies
Komalta
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I use bone conducting earphones ā™”
userObsfefJkIy
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I appreciate the reply. I think I've solved it. I can choose between the sound going to the soundbar or going to the phone.
When I say think, that's because I've not tried it yet because it doesn't suit me to right now.
Thanks again.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Please let us know if that works out for you! We look forward to hearing back from you!

0 Likes
Ungruntled
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

'Updates' seem to consist of removing features and functionality;

when I bought my Samsung TV and phone in 2016, there was a full range of options on the phone to interact with the TV.  You could play the TV audio &/or video on the phone, cast the phone to the TV, use the phone as a remote, & more I can't remember.

These features gradually disappeared with updates.  Then they introduced SmartThings, but it didn't work for me, and now it's 'not compatible' anyway.

So someone there is actually paid to make things worse.

Ridiculous.

nemy16santos
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
How did you solved the problem getting sound to the phone? Mine hasn't worked for three weeks.
userObsfefJkIy
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
It worked once, via Bluetooth, now the option to play on phone is not available on smarthings. So I can only assume Samsung has removed this option. Like most "updates" they make things worse. Lol.
nemy16santos
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Ugh I hate this. I haven't used my TV to watch my TV shows since 3 weeks. They better bring it back.
0 Likes
catdad7123
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I haven't changed any settings or permissions on either device, restarted both, tried updating the app itself (was already up to date), and finally reinstalled the app. The option just doesn't pop up anymore. When I connect my phone via Bluetooth, it'll just wait for me to play sound on the phone itself. I can only mirror my phone to the TV, not the other way around. Has this suddenly happened to anyone else? 

Screenshot of missing options.

catdad7123
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I have the Galaxy Note 10
0 Likes