JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HDMI ARC port stopped working with my receiver

(Topic created: 06-12-2024 05:01 PM)
Members_p8NSm7w
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a 65" QLED tv that has been working great with my Denon AVR for 4 years. Last week the tv would not recognize the receiver.

I changed out the HDMI cable thinking that was the issue but it still would not work.  I then went through all of the reboot steps on the tv and receiver.  It worked until I shut the tv off and then it would not recognize receiver again.

I did a factory reset on the tv and receiver and the tv will still not recognize the receiver.  

I hooked the receiver to a different tv and it works perfectly. So I eliminated the receiver and cable as the issue.  I then hooked a different soundbar to the Samsung tv and it also would not be recognized.

I contacted Samsung support and have been on a text thread with them for the past 3 hours and they have no answer.  

I don't know if this is a software issue as I have seen in a few other posts or if this is an internal board issue.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Try this, unplug everything. Power first, All HDMI cables.
Wait 30 minutes, plug power back in, then HDMI cables.
If that doesn't work, the port is gone.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If the information from @Robin621k does not help then this will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/