JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q70D recent app autoplay issue

(Topic created: 08-02-2024 10:53 PM)
xboss7777
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Recently got a new samsung Q70d. Facing a major issue with tizen OS. Would appreciate any help/suggestions.

Issue: whenever I press the home button on the remote while using an app(Netflix,prime,YouTube) the tv goes to the smart hub screen. Now if no other button is pressed, the tv will start that last used application again after exactly 1 minute. This is when the tv is running. No issues with tv start up.

Now imagine if you're listening to music and get a call or busy doing else, you'd expect the tv to stay at home screen. Whereas it'll automatically start the previous app EVERY SINGLE MINUTE at good volume. If I'm on a call, does samsung expect me to press home every single minute to close the app?

This is the most impractical useless feature I've ever seen on a tv. The solutions I've already tried are listed below:
-all smart settings besides autostart in smarthub are off. Autorun last app is off.
-disabled samsung tv.

-software already updated to latest version.

-factory reset multiple times

This renders the samsung OS useless for me. I'll be buying a 4k fire stick and using that instead of smarthub and tizen OS.

I simply don't understand how such a feature is practical for anybody and who it caters to. Apps that are open should stay open in background. Similar to how to a phone deals with it. Imagine your phone autolaunching last used apps ever single minute just because you're on home screen. Pathetic "feature".

15 Replies
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My software version is 1106 and there's no option for update. TV model is QN65Q60DD. My start screen options don't include the last 2 in your list... Interesting

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Check out this link.  If this isn't your model number find it and go to the same software download page for your model. 

The version of software is 1120.6

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0061267&modelCode=QN65Q60DAFXZA

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
xboss7777
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I'm in the UK. Latest software here is 1106.9. I guess we'll have to wait for 1120.6 to be available worldwide. Only US q70d showing 1120.6. other markets seem to be on 1106.9. still not 100 percent sure if the issue will be resolved in update. Whenever it comes.

0 Likes
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

After messing around with this for awhile, I've found a sort of workaround. If you hit the home button and let it sit, it will auto play the last app.  If you hit home or you're on the main screen, and you leave it selected on the last app, it will auto play the last app. BUT if you move the selector to anything else, it will NOT auto play the last app. So, if you ever hit home, always make sure you move the selection to something else. This is not really an acceptable "solution" but it makes it a little more usable. I hope this helps others. Hopefully we'll get a software update that fixes this

0 Likes
Solution
xboss7777
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

New update 1120 is out and has thankfully RESOLVED THE ISSUE.

0 Likes
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

That resolved it for my as well, now let's see if they can fix the "every time I open the settings bar, it relaunches the last app" problem too

0 Likes