Original topic:

S95C eARC Bug: Dolby Digital+ Output Converted to PCM Despite Correct Settings

(Topic created: 09-06-2024 03:55 AM)
Zero-
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Since I bought the S95C, the eARC functionality has not been working properly. When set to "Auto," the output format for content in DD+ is converted to PCM. I've waited for several firmware updates, and even had the One Connect board replaced, but the problem persists.

Environment:

• S95C on any firmware (currently I'm running the latest 2000.2)
  • Any AVR or soundbar compatible with eARC
  • 2.1 certified HDMI cable connected to the eARC port on the One Connect box
  • Settings:
    • Sound -> Expert Settings -> HDMI eARC Mode: Set to "Auto"
    • Sound -> Expert Settings -> Digital Output Audio Format: Set to "Auto"

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Set up the environment as described above.
  2. Play any Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital+ content through any native TV app (e.g., YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video, USB file, etc.).

Expected result: The AVR or soundbar should display that the audio is in Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital+.

Actual result: The AVR or soundbar displays that the audio is in PCM.

Used guides: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-earc-and-how-to-set-on-samsung-smart-tv/

14 Replies
MattyDaddy76
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Sorry cosmic. I meant to reply to the other post! 

0 Likes
Strolla
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same issue with the Q70C. What makes you think this is just a S95C issue? I don't think you realise that all Samsung TV's use identical software.

0 Likes
Zero-
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

After I read all the comments, I realized that is a general issue. I started this topic because I have the S95C

0 Likes
Kemixstry
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same issue here on a 95C and an AVR Denon, it is very annoying. Hope someone from samsung read this post

0 Likes
Mardon85
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yes same for me S90C and Denon. Come on Samsung this is basic stuff. But also stuff that will come into my next TV purchasing decision. 

0 Likes