JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Art store subscription for more than 1 Frame tv

(Topic created: 01-05-2022 11:11 AM)
Keummy
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

It is our 2nd Frame TV purchase and of course the question comes up: will be the content of our art-store subscription be available for the 2nd Frame TV as well?

With that question I went to have a support chat and to my surprise I was told a subscription is only valid for 1 TV only.

This seem counter intuitive, we also own a Netgear Mural. The art subscription there is valid for up to 2 Meurals in your household. Generally when purchasing software for a PC (and I have done that a lot), they are normally valid for up to 2 devices (e.g.: a Desktop and a laptop).

Samsung: to be competitive and to give fair support to all multi Frame owners, please make the subscription available for e.g. (up to) 2 TV's. Thats what we would really call: service!

4 Replies
userH6krdcQ9za
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Pretty disappointing that it doesn't cover at least 2 TVs in the same household.  We were thinking of getting a second Frame TV but won't be doing that now!  

Solution
user4QG1KQcA43
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I will share what worked for me and I hope that it works for you.  I activated my subscription on the upstairs TV on 12/31/21 (make sure you take advantage of the current 3 free month offer).   On 1/1/22 I went to my downstairs TV and the Frame wanted to buy another subscription.  ?!?!  Here's what I did.  I turned the TV off, then back on and turned the TV to a Live Air channel and left the room.  For hours.  As if I was watching TV and nothing else, no changing channels, no switching between streaming services, nothing.  My thought process was the TV needed time to "learn" that it had a subscription to the Art store on the same sign-in as the upstairs TV.  Sure enough two or three hours later I went back downstairs and Voila!  I had the Art Store subscription.  Hope this works for you!

tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

Where are the Samsung people in this forum?

I could be wrong be it seems to me that your credentials for your Samsung account, once you have paid for a subscription, should work on any number of Frame TVs you might own.

chrfour
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have this same problem.

I bought two TVs. I cannot have both TVs logged into the same account simultaneously. 

I logged TV #1 into the Art Store and redeemed my promotion.

I logged in TV #2 into the Art Store and it disconnected TV #1. I tried the Art Store, and it said I can't redeem twice using the same email. So I logged out and switched emails on TV #2. Now it says I "received" the promotion on the other email so I can't use it on a new email.

I am being punished for daring to buy two TVs from Samsung.

So now I have a  second TV that I cannot activate at all. Where is Samsung?

IMG_6977 copy.JPG