Original topic:

Can I back up and restore my fingerprints by Samsung Cloud?

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
NAViLERA
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm using a Galaxy phone with my fingerprints registered. In the [Setting] - [Accounts and backup] menu, I could find "Back up data" and "Restore data" functions of Samsung Cloud.

Under the "Back up data", if I turn on the "Settings" auto-backup, which says it includes the fingerprints settings, can I restore my fingerprints in reset/another phone?

Basically, what I want to do is to move my fingerprints information from the phone I'm using to a new Galaxy phone to be purchased. If the Samsung Cloud can make the fingerprint information synced, I can use the "Restore data" function to do that without registering my fingerprints again.

5 Replies
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
Orrrrr you can just add them when you get the new phone.
Imagine having a new phone, different sensor, old fingerprints somehow synced in, and your fingerprints now are slightly different, and NOW you can't undo it. Unless you have other security to get in. Just seems it will take longer to do what you want to do than to actually set it up on a new phone.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@NAViLERA AFAIK fingerprints are not stored on Samsung Cloud. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

For security reasons, biometrics and phone pins/passwords are not stored with the backup.  Imagine all those poor people who have been unable to get into their phones and the only way to recover from that is a factory reset, but they reset their  phone, set new pin/password/fingerprints and then restore their backup only to be presented with the same problem.  It does not take very much effort to set up your fingerprint(s) again on a new device.

SansVarnic
Asteroid
Options
šŸ¤¦:male_sign: You do not want to save that kind of information on the cloud. Let's use some common sense and understand that even if this was for convenience, it's a stupid idea.
0 Likes
why would anyone backup fingerprints? that's the worst idea ever. would be a hackers wet dream
0 Likes