Original topic:

I prefer Samsung Messages over Google messages

(Topic created: Monday)
Teepea313
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of that app. I do prefer Samsung Messages. So the new update wants me to switch over. Hahahaha, psych! I could never. Plus, I love my themes. #Samsung #Messages #Customization #Loyalty

14 Replies
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
I LIKE the Samsung Messages app way more than Google's. It's so much cleaner and intuitive and faster, too. Google messages always leave some of my recent/old messages out every time I switch over to it, but Samsung's doesn't. Shame Samsung will be closing it soon despite the fact they said it will still be available by way of Galaxy store. If Samsung and Google hadn't become besties, Samsung would have continued to make it better and matched, probably surpassed Google messages in terms of features and in all aspects.
Google is hellbent on RCS becoming mainstream despite the fact that it's old and still lacks some features Samsung has.
soapbubble
Asteroid
Options
RCS isn't old. It's better than SMS and at least it's being widely adapted soon. Samsung removed support from their app.
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
RCS is old. It's been around since 2008. To do the math for you, that's 16 years now. It's only making headlines now because Google wants something akin to iMesaage, after they failed on several attempts to make theirs. Secondly, Samsung did not remove RCS from their messages app. If you can not find it, it means your carrier doesn't support it.
0 Likes
Reevos
Constellation
Options
SMS is ancient in comparison. RCS is coming out because the US has low adoption of other apps like WhatsApp, Signal, and Telegram. Other countries have moved on.
0 Likes
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
You'll still be able to download Samsung Messages from the Galaxy Store on new devices that don't have it preloaded.
0 Likes