JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-20-2023 11:41 PM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
chrispyj
Halo
Options
not much we can do, as of right now my phones basically ruined if i cant use it for its intended purposes
Aluzay
Asteroid
Options
It'll be a clear recipe for new phones for free. It is not our fault. We can't be punished for something we didn't do
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
For now, as a workaround, you can install Phone by Google from the Play Store. It is an alternate dialer/phone app. Also, please be sure to submit an Error report about this in the Support tab of the Members app under Send feedback. This will alert the appropriate dev/engineering team of the problem and help to expedite the ensuing patch to remedy this very frustrating bug.
Aluzay
Asteroid
Options
I appreciate the feedback. Thanks so much. I will now install phone from the Google play store, see how that goes
Aluzay
Asteroid
Options
I have done that. Thankfully, it worked like a charm. I'm not sure of other features that might have been affected but so far the installed phone by Google just bail me out of this mess for now. Thank you
0 Likes
painnation
Cosmic Ray
Options
What service provider do you have if you don't mind me asking?
Aluzay
Asteroid
Options
At&t
jlane232
Constellation
Options

Mine did this exact same thing.....pulling my sims card for 30 mins and then putting it back seemed to fix mine.  Have you tried that?

0 Likes
user0ajN4gXIad
Constellation
Options

I use .y phone for work and can no longer send a message or make  phone calls. I can't use my phone for much of anything. I continually get a pop-up that says 

android.process.acore keeps stopping. Fix the problem or I'll switch to iPhone or Google pixel. I already was **bleep** by Samsung when I purchased 4 appliances for my kitchen, one died and you could not replace parts, one died and we spent $700 to fix it and another died unfixable. The only one still working has been repaired 5 times. The appliances are not even 4 years old. 

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Are all of your apps from the play store updated? This might be an issue with play services, WebView etc needing an update