JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving Smart Switch backup to SD card

(Topic created: Saturday)
winnergold
Constellation
Options

WhatsApp_Image_2024-09-06_at_23.15.55_33ed9c73.jpg

 I backed up my data and did a factory reset now, I added an SD card, it shows me on the software(PC)

that an SD card is available if you can see, I want to receive my backup to the SD card and not the device storage, I would very appreciate it for a solution! Thanks!

3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Your auto backups will always go to the Samsung & Google clouds. If you want to manually back up your files for insurance to the SD card, you would use Smart Switch and choose to back up to the SD card by choosing the icon on the upper right. Make sure your SD card is big enough to store the files you want.  When you choose which files to backup, SS will tell you how much space is needed.  You can also back up to your computer (if you have one) or to a USB drive using Smart Switch.

Screenshot_20240907_144015_Smart Switch.jpgScreenshot_20240907_144123_Smart Switch.jpg

Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@winnergold There is no way to restore a Smart Switch backup from your Samsung Account directly to an SD card. The only option when restoring a backup from Smart Switch is directly to the phone. 

When you create a backup, you can choose to have that saved to an SD card. Then in the future you can restore from the backup on the SD card. 

0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
I thought I had alot of images and videos but u beat me there
0 Likes