Original topic:

System update deleted all my Samsung Notes

(Topic created: 03-28-2021 08:00 PM)
user8O2Nqxpgpl
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi,

I've just done an update of my phone and the update seems to have completely deleted my Samsung Notes. 

I unfortunately didn't have it backed up so no way of recovering them that way with the auto back up function.

Is there any other way to recover my notes? 

Thanks very much

7 Replies
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Unless you have a app that syncs it to your Google account, your pretty much out of luck
0 Likes
CJ619
Nebula
Options
I use ColorNote. It syncs to your Google account and so if your phone ever crashes or u get a new one, you can get all of your notes back, but if you delete notes on your own, it will delete them from the Google server. Please keep that in mind. Here is the link for the Notes app if you wanna check it out:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.socialnmobile.dictapps.notepad.color.note
0 Likes
TIFFLA
Astronaut
Options
is there any way to recover my deleted Samsung Notes that I accidentally deleted
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
It's always good to back everything up before updating in case this happens (not a consistent issue across all devices). So if you run into a problem like this. You can revert to the backup and get your settings back.
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
It's always wise to back up your Samsung notes before updating.
0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@user8O2Nqxpgpl

On my phone Samsung backup and restore doesn't include the notes app.

It does sync my notes to my Samsung account. After I factory reset as soon as I set up the notes app it syncs to my account and restore them to the date and time they were last synced.

Just in case something goes wrong with the account sync I share them to a folder in Google drive, Microsoft OneDrive & a flash drive.

Check to make sure that you are syncing your notes to the Samsung account cloud service.

Best regards,

CLF