JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Viewing software for SNH-V6410PN smartcam; app no longer supported

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
CamasDon
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

What viewing software that is compatible.  Wisenet reports incompatibility in July 2024. 

62 Replies
StanS1
Asteroid
Options

I got a warning from the app every time I logged in for months before it finally quit working. Not sure how you could have missed those. A "workaround" is to use the web interface, but only through Internet Explorer! Suggestion to install an earlier version of the app didn't work for me.

I sent an email to the CEO of Samsung using the online form on Samsung's website a few days ago, asking for some solution. I haven't heard anything back, yet. (I should note that Samsung did replace the ice maker in my refrigerator at no cost to me, even after the warranty had expired, probably because this item is known to frequently fail and they are probably trying to avoid a class action lawsuit.)

email to CEO 7/14/2024:

Opening the Samsung SmartCam+ app gave the following message:
Note: This announcement is for SmartCam+ App users.

Beginning July 8, 2024, the Wisenet SmartCam+ App will no longer support specific models (SNH-V6414BN, SNH-V6410PN, SNH-C6417BN) due to compatibility issues.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

I have two of the SNH-V6414BN cameras and now both are unusable.
Does Samsung have any procedure for replacing these for me?
Thank you for your help.

UPDATE 7/25:

No response from anyone at Samsung. Disappointed in that. I bought a used 6431 off eBay. Cheap because the seller didn't know that you need the Samsung app to actually test the cam; he had plugged it into a computer, which only resulted in the LED lighting up, the computer didn't recognize the cam, otherwise. The cam actually worked for me.

I bought a refurbished Wyze Camera Pan v2 from the Wyze store on eBay for $21 (now$27). This has far more features than the Samsung cams. 

Stephen John
Constellation
Options

I've noticed that it's not completely unusable; the connection is intermittent, dropping in and out. Are there any third-party apps or computer software that provide full access, including IP camera settings?

0 Likes
usertVDRuM01dc
Constellation
Options

I purchased 4 of these cams in 2022 for my house Samsung and Wisenet have bricked all of them with the last update. I have an older Foscam that still works and is older than the Samsung ones are you kidding me?

0 Likes
Dominique36
Constellation
Options

Hello it would be relevant for Samsung to provide any solution for customers to continue using their expensive caméras before obsolescence 

Tks

0 Likes
JWF1
Constellation
Options

Right now there is no fix. I purchased 3 of these from Costco 3 to 5 years ago. I talked to Costco and they will reimburse me. I am trying to get Costco to go back to Samsung and discontinue their product line in all stores if they don't resolve this issue. Imagine having one of their TV's or Washer and having it turn off telling you it used up its hours! No more Samsung for me. 

0 Likes
userahCBPm9aMD
Constellation
Options

This is ridiculous.  They sold the cameras while promising certain capabilities, and now they no longer provide those capabilities.  they should be providing free upgrade to comparable cameras which they do support.

0 Likes
userYZGV4nXQaj
Constellation
Options

Crazy that Samsung would make a product obsolete without offering an alternative considering that this camera was still being sold up until a few months ago. My two SNH-V6410PNs have been working great for 7 years now until my iPhone app auto-updated. Unfortunately Apple doesn't offer a way to rollback to older versions (I think).

The cameras work with the link share by a previous commenter (have to run Edge in IE compatibility mode but the configuration expires after 30 days so have to set up again) but it's also a matter of time I guess before this goes away too.
https://www.samsungsmartcam.com/web/

Samsung really needs to find a way to address this situation!

0 Likes
mjdrejer
Constellation
Options

It is symptomatic for this very sad story, that the Wisecom website recommends using Internet Explorer; a browser that  was discontinued more than a decade ago and stopped being supported by Microsoft in 2022.

Reference to this link: https://www.samsungsmartcam.com/web/

0 Likes
CundyT
Constellation
Options

Samsung might have permanently lost my business over this one - I’m moving to a competitor camera system for both of my locations, as there’s no logical reason why a legacy camera platform cannot be supported by a legacy build of the app at the consumer’s discretion. Forced obsolescence- especially for a perfectly functional device that was $130 a pop not that long ago - is not a great look. 

I purchased mine through Amazon, who still lists this model for sale with Prime shipping, and don’t have any solutions or offers for customers outside of return or warranty periods. That’s expected, of course, but a neat reminder that unless the brand supports their product, you’re SoL.

0 Likes
PAD1
Constellation
Options

I too am impacted by this stupid action and now have expensive paperweights and a compromised security solution. The stress & anxiety  is killing me. Am speaking with one of our lawyers on a no win no fee class action, probably small recompense for many after legal costs yet it does chase Samsung for a collective cost for our losses and hold them to account, plus the negative publicity will suck for them. Maybe they will be motivated to provide and communicate  a solution.  Am meeting with the junior on the brief and will repost their details next week.