JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Viewing software for SNH-V6410PN smartcam; app no longer supported

(Topic created: 08-30-2024 05:59 AM)
CamasDon
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

What viewing software that is compatible.  Wisenet reports incompatibility in July 2024. 

70 Replies
userahCBPm9aMD
Constellation
Options

This is ridiculous.  They sold the cameras while promising certain capabilities, and now they no longer provide those capabilities.  they should be providing free upgrade to comparable cameras which they do support.

0 Likes
userYZGV4nXQaj
Constellation
Options

Crazy that Samsung would make a product obsolete without offering an alternative considering that this camera was still being sold up until a few months ago. My two SNH-V6410PNs have been working great for 7 years now until my iPhone app auto-updated. Unfortunately Apple doesn't offer a way to rollback to older versions (I think).

The cameras work with the link share by a previous commenter (have to run Edge in IE compatibility mode but the configuration expires after 30 days so have to set up again) but it's also a matter of time I guess before this goes away too.
https://www.samsungsmartcam.com/web/

Samsung really needs to find a way to address this situation!

mjdrejer
Constellation
Options

It is symptomatic for this very sad story, that the Wisecom website recommends using Internet Explorer; a browser that  was discontinued more than a decade ago and stopped being supported by Microsoft in 2022.

Reference to this link: https://www.samsungsmartcam.com/web/

0 Likes
mutantcamel
Constellation
Options

I was previously able to view my smartcam using this website, but I'm unable to access it live anymore

I'm unable to run IE in admin mode, It asks me if I want this app to make changes to my device,  I select yes and it closes the webpage down every time

Any ideas of how I can stop this from happening?

0 Likes
mutantcamel
Constellation
Options

Previously I could login to view my smartcam live via this link, but I'm no longer able to get it to work, it keeps asking me to run in Admin Mode and I get the message do you allow this app to make changes to your device? I click yes and it closes the web page down!

Any ideas what I can do to stop this from happening?

0 Likes
CundyT
Constellation
Options

Samsung might have permanently lost my business over this one - Iā€™m moving to a competitor camera system for both of my locations, as thereā€™s no logical reason why a legacy camera platform cannot be supported by a legacy build of the app at the consumerā€™s discretion. Forced obsolescence- especially for a perfectly functional device that was $130 a pop not that long ago - is not a great look. 

I purchased mine through Amazon, who still lists this model for sale with Prime shipping, and donā€™t have any solutions or offers for customers outside of return or warranty periods. Thatā€™s expected, of course, but a neat reminder that unless the brand supports their product, youā€™re SoL.

0 Likes
PAD1
Constellation
Options

I too am impacted by this stupid action and now have expensive paperweights and a compromised security solution. The stress & anxiety  is killing me. Am speaking with one of our lawyers on a no win no fee class action, probably small recompense for many after legal costs yet it does chase Samsung for a collective cost for our losses and hold them to account, plus the negative publicity will suck for them. Maybe they will be motivated to provide and communicate  a solution.  Am meeting with the junior on the brief and will repost their details next week. 

Rothvon
Constellation
Options

I had over a dozen ā€œsmartā€ cams  with custom enclosures and mounts that are trash now. Over a thousand dollars and many hours setup. Every one was fully functional with years of service life remaining. I will think twice before purchasing a Samsung product that requires support. I have switched my security cam system to REOLINK 4K cams including an outstanding video doorbell. The Reolink app is excellent!

0 Likes
Suzanah1
Constellation
Options

which app for viewing reolink  cameras please I have a dozen Samsung and they are working on my older iphone / SmartCam app but my new iphone with the app stated rendered useless and of January 2025 

Also what to do with a dozen perfectly working Samsungs unbelievable 

thanks for your valuable input 

0 Likes
GodZilla_Owner
Constellation
Options

Since today the app is working again... I really don't know why. Cam was offline for over 2weeks and now suddenly online again.

0 Likes