JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SNH Smartcam camera E6411BN no longer works since update

(Topic created: 02-15-2024 10:55 AM)
WestSeattleCoug
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I've been using multiple SNH-E6411BN Smartcam cameras with the Smart Cam app on my Samsung Galaxy (various phones) for a long time. Yesterday, following an update of this app sent by Samsung, I receive messages telling me "The service is no longer supported for this model" for both of my cameras.

What do I have to do to be able to use my cameras?

When will a fix be sent out by the Smartcam app vendor?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
WestSeattleCoug
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I apologize for not sharing the link for the V2.30 download - here it is: Wisenet SmartCam+ - APK Download for Android | Aptoide.

Go to the website, click on the "Versions" option and you can download the 2.30 version. If memory serves me, it will want to uninstall your V2.31 version. To join your cameras back into it you'll have to enter the Password you set up for each camera. Remember to go into the Play Store for the Smartcam+ app, click on the vertical ellipse (three dots) and uncheck the "Enable auto update" option.

Tony, my condolences on your situation - that is so very bad that they're put you in an untenable situation. I have a running joke with one of my coworkers on the merit of IOS versus Android; this is one argument that I definitely won. Hopefully Wisenet will figure out the really messed up with this.

View solution in context

17 Replies
WestSeattleCoug
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I may have found the answer. According to the release notes for V2.31, Cloud Support was terminated for my model and two others.

What I ended up doing was download/install V2.30 then set this specific app in the Play Store to not auto-update. I'm frozen in time for now...unless the vendor re-enables these phone models for cloud support.

0 Likes
Wizard99
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Where did you find the 2.30 Version? THX!

WestSeattleCoug
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Wizard99 - I updated the thread with the location of the 2.30 version. I hope it helps!

0 Likes
kface21
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Uhg I'm going through the exact same thing. Had our since 2018. Guess it's time to update cameras.
TonyWelsby
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the same issue. Only noticed today when I received a notification for audio detection in my home when there was nobody in my home.  I went into the app to check it out and got the same message, yet I still receive the notifications for the cameras that "aren't supported"!  Trouble is I have 15 cameras in total, but now only 3 work and I suspect that will only be for a short period.
This is infuriating as it seems to be a "switch off" decision for those models, rather than an actual limitation or failure!

WestSeattleCoug
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Tony, I think the breakage is just in the viewing of the video (live and archive) over the Internet...even though it's on your own network.

Hopefully you're running on an Android phone that will allow you go roll back to the previous version. I found a similar discussion in Samsung's French community forum, and the two folks there unfortunately have iPhones, and the App Store doesn't allow you (or give you access to) to roll back to a previous version. I have my phone locked in on 2.30, and hopefully the vendor will either (a) fix it for the three devices being whacked, or at least (b) give us an explanation on why they did this.

TonyWelsby
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Thanks - Sadly I’m on iOS, so I can’t roll back.

What I did realise was that I have an older iPhone with the old version of the app on it. I tried to prevent it from updating the app on that phone, but it’s updated nevertheless. Although it did work for a short period, which is all the more frustrating!

So that proves like I said, it’s been more of a decision than a technology limitation.

I use the cameras to monitor my house and keep an eye on my mother, who suffers from dementia. I chose this Samsung product because I could install it myself and not distress my Mum with strangers/workmen coming to the house to install it and cause her further confusion. I simply do not have the money to replace this system. So this “change” could literally be putting my Mum at higher risk. She does have personal alarms but due to the Dementia she doesn’t necessarily think to activate it.

To add even more frustration and disappointment into the mix I still receive notifications when there is audio or movement detected on the inaccessible cameras, just as an additional further slap in the face… 😣🤦‍:male_sign:

WestSeattleCoug
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Tony, while it's not a totally good solution, you could try this. Buy a very cheap Android phone w/o any cellular service and set up a Gmail account. This should give you access to the Google Play Store and you can install the V2.30 app from the download I provided earlier. The downside is that you could only use it if you have wi-fi access. Basically it becomes a camera monitor tool.

Solution
WestSeattleCoug
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I apologize for not sharing the link for the V2.30 download - here it is: Wisenet SmartCam+ - APK Download for Android | Aptoide.

Go to the website, click on the "Versions" option and you can download the 2.30 version. If memory serves me, it will want to uninstall your V2.31 version. To join your cameras back into it you'll have to enter the Password you set up for each camera. Remember to go into the Play Store for the Smartcam+ app, click on the vertical ellipse (three dots) and uncheck the "Enable auto update" option.

Tony, my condolences on your situation - that is so very bad that they're put you in an untenable situation. I have a running joke with one of my coworkers on the merit of IOS versus Android; this is one argument that I definitely won. Hopefully Wisenet will figure out the really messed up with this.