JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moving Apps To SD Card

(Topic created: 02-09-2021 11:55 AM)
userKvcCcwLHtH
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a Galaxy Tab A 8" 2019. The issue i am having is that i cannot move a single app to  my sd card. The funny thing is that I have a Samsung phone and am able to move a lot of the  apps to its sd card. Now before you  ask, when I select any app that I want to move on my tablet, there is no option to change the storage location at all. No matter what I app I choose  I can't move it. I can move photos and videos, but no apps. See attached  screen shot.  As you  can see,  there is no choice for move. This particular game i also have on my Samsung phone which I was able to move to my sd card. Any suggestions? Screenshot_20201006-163258_Settings.jpg

20 Replies
userl0F6IjvdCp
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have exactly the same problem.  Very unhappy with this.  Somewhere i read it's  android that had removed the functionality.  Samsung  can you please  confirm. Otherwise I will be returning the tablet and gonna find one with bigger storage. 

usertFGs2B4bJo
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same with me I just bought the new Galaxy A01 with 16mb. The sales person suggesting this one and I never thought about the low memory. I called Samsung and the representative told me to buy the microSD card. So, I did, but it does not do me any good. I am still stuck with less than 2 mb of storage. Why would they even sell a phone with such low storage. I am very disappointed and may have t return the phone just for more memory.

Darryl

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

The ability to move and run apps from the SD cars has been removed from the Android OS. You can still store the data on the SD card, but apps will no longer run from there.

userDIRLMaAEVN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

As thousands of other users, I also have the same problem and it is totally NOY aceptable. I do not care if this is Google's fault, or Samsung's fault. It is not acceptable.

useresv1ufM6QX
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Your right. When I bought the tablet I was told by Samsung that I  could expanded the memory with sd card  and now I can't even move most stuff to sd. First and last time I buy Samsung.  Waste of £220. Rather get a older  ipad again.  I'm going back to apple

0 Likes
userj7GRsz7cwo
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This is an absolute joke.

I buy a new Samsung to get more space than my little brother, now his old Samsung has more space than mine.

I feel totally ripped off.

Mine was the last Samsung that will EVER be bought in our house unless this is FIXED.

(we have 6 Samsung's right now)

And no, I don't care if it's Googles fault or Samsungs, get it FIXED.

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Tablets

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Magin_Buu
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

My old Galaxy Tab 3 was great, I was able to move all apps to my 32GB SD card, I sold it and purchased the Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" just because some game apps were not able to play on my old tablet. I also purchased a 256GB sd card so I'd have plenty of space along w/ the 32GB of internal storage. Now I found out that app won't move/transfer to the sd card for some crazy reason. I regretted selling my old tablet, I'm returning this one, until Samsung or Google fixes the issue.

Why having the avility to expand the storage when it's useless. No wonder Samsung it's always behing Apple. Wake up guys.

userDmiwbKqaab
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have a Tab A 7" that was able to store some apps on the SD Card which helped due to low internal storage but now I have a Tab A 8" and it won't save to the SD Card. Who thought this was a great Idea? So now we are limited in the number of apps we can install.