JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My galaxy book cannot turn on

(Topic created: 10-15-2020 02:19 AM)
userDZkykKgJCh
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My galaxy book showed low battery. Then I charged it and kept using it. Suddenly it switched off. The blue light blinked. I kept charging it for more than ten hours. But the blue light keeps blinking and I cannot turn on the book. I have tried many times. How can I turn on it?

Memaw1015
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
power and volume down are not working. The unit is charged
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

If that didn't work, the next step would be t have the galaxy book serviced.  If you would like to move forward with that process, please send me a private message with your full model and serial number.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userbcKqogrxDF
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same problem here as you. It will not start up. I'm so disappointed.

0 Likes
B-i-N-G-o
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I did this same exact thing. I updated it and all of a sudden, it won't charge, says 0% and won't turn on. I'm able to do the Power+VolumeDown turn on, and it gets to the startup screen. Then it briefly shows the "AUTOMATIC REPAIR" begin, been then abruptly shuts off. I can't even get this laptop back on anymore. 

I read elsewhere that Samsung said, Windows could possibly prevent it from starting up/charging. This is very frustrating. i did the updates in October 2020.

0 Likes
userdt4cpGgUsg
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hi 

Thanks a million its worked for me as well !!!! 

@KVDV wrote:

Sorry for my mistaken please give this a try

Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button at the same time for about 10 seconds.

0 Likes
SunnySwoon
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Worked for me
0 Likes
Jmnappier
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I too am having this issue with my Galaxy Book 2 12". I have tried everything, power button hold, power and volume button hold, nothing works. I am a big SamSung user and the warranty expired in January. I am very disappointed in this. Can someone please help
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried to use another charger and/or another outlet? If that does not work then this will require service,

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Jmnappier
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I spent well over a $1000 thru AT&T for this device and just months after the warranty expires, it stops working. Not a good look for Samsung. I just may have to consider using other devices givennthis is my 2nd Galaxy Book to have problems.
Anni
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem, I can't make it turn on no meter what I do

0 Likes