JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab A7 will not factory reset

(Topic created: 07-19-2022 06:38 AM)
Richie_B
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I bought an A7 back in September to use in my store. It didn't do what I wanted it to do exactly so I decided to just keep it for myself. Had a bunch of stuff to do around the holidays so I didn't get to mess with it until now. I charged it up and turned it on and it wont take my password. I tried many many times and nothing worked and it also never gave me an option to reset it. I tried to reset it on the find my device app but it wouldn't do it there either. It said find my device was not turned on even though I turned it on when I set it up. After searching I found an article that said I could factory reset it by holding the power and volume down button then switching to power and volume up button when the device went off. This doesn't work either. It never makes it to the reset menu. I've watched a thousand youtubes and read a thousand articles and nothing works. I've called support twice now and was told it must be a software problem, but I cant send it in to be repaired because it has to be reset before I send it in. so... Do I just have a $200 paperweight now?

useruJ3no3sItj
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Is there any info as to why the option to wipe the data i.e factory reset is missing from the menu? SM-t290 Model in question

0 Likes
userXI2aFGcox3
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Mine is a Tab A and I got it to work by holding the Power, volume up AND the Home button all together. I got a blue screen with the android symbol, then something about no command, but after 10 seconds or so it went to the list and wipe data was there.  Found this and step by step instructions on hardreset website.

0 Likes
userNnP6CVdKK0
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Pulling my hair out over this. Dad bought a Galaxy Tab A7 for a charity that distributes to shut-ins and connects them with the donor for tech support.

The first recipient passed away right after receiving it. They retrieved the tablet and gave it to a second recipient. Once he got it he was not able to get logged in or reset it.

I told dad to send it to me... I can hack into anything. OK, so apparently not. 🙂 At least with an old iPad I was able to contact Apple and speak to someone and then after 40 days they unlocked it for me.

Have tried all the suggestions and key combinations shown around the web to no avail. It doesn't go to the BIOS looking reset screen... it goes to a screen that says "Your  phone was factory reset. Enter your password to unlock it." From there I've tried using a Google account... etc... no avail. If it was actually factory reset it would be allowing me to CHOOSE a password.

Help please!

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

A factory Reset does not return the device to a first time ever ready for setup condition, it returns the device with the factory load to the owner 's account.  It does not delete the registered owner's logon info.  

I'm guessing that Samsung must get hundreds, or thousands of calls a year from people who either stole a device or bought a stolen device and each one of them has a story to tell and that's why their policy is as it is.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userKpH5GQffM9
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I plugged it into a laptop and it's only charging. To power off, it asks for a password. I can't get to a reset screen or anything. This is ridiculous 

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If you registered with Samsung.com go to findmymobile.samsung.com and you can reset the password and/or factory reset.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userCGX3oNNrtm
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi I have a A7 Samsung Lite it is stuck in Retail Demo Mode. I can't Unlock Development Options via the Seven Tap Method. When I enter Recovery Console there is no option to Reset to Factory Settings. The Code 5444 and password don't work. So what is the code for this device anyone?

Thanks

IMG_6847.jpg

userNwZuLdlht1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same issue with me...anyone  can advise?

0 Likes
userCGX3oNNrtm
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

thumbnail_IMG_6851.jpgthumbnail_IMG_6850.jpgUpdate I decided to Flash my device with Odin Tool. The great thing about this, the device doesn't need to be Rooted. Download the correct Firmware for your device. After this Reset should appear in the Recovery Console. You can then Reset your device like New. Retail Demo Mode is Deactivated or you can uninstall it afterwards. But when you return to the Recovery Console Reset is gone again. But Development Option still doesn't work. But I don't care about that. Download Mode it not difficult. Then follow these instructions below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmPyPreSVCU&t=1s

https://galaxyfirmware.com/guide/SM-T220/

Right I Flashed it again still no Development Option even with the Stock Firmware. Some other settings are missing. So I have come to the conclusion there are different versions of this tablet. Also you will noticed it Flashed ok, but there is an Error Message what I did was press the Start Button in Odin Tool, then tablet went into a Process of loading the files and then booted up normally.

userCGX3oNNrtm
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Can someone steer in the right direction for the Firmware that Includes Development Options etc?

0 Likes