JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 09-12-2023 05:14 PM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

90 Replies
Chad EL
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Last week (9-4-2023), I was drying a bedroom pillow (no zippers, buttons, etc- just a plain old soft pillow) and the inner pane of glass on my dryer door shattered. We bought our dryer in February of 2020, and paid extra for the 5 year extended warranty. Much to no one’s surprise, when we called to file a claim, we were told that the issue isn’t covered (physical damage vs. mechanical failure). A quick look on the internet, including this forum confirms that  broken dryer door glass is a common occurrence. Our dryer is not used in an abnormal way, just to dry our clothes, bath towels and bedding. Very disappointing to spend well over $1000 on an appliance that doesn’t stand the test of time. 

has anyone had experience in getting this issue resolved satisfactorily?

IMG_9251.jpegIMG_9401.jpeg

0 Likes