JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 08:22 AM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

90 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Is everyone okay?  This is definitely not something that is a regular occurrence. We would like to discuss repair options with you and gather some additional information. Please click this link to PM us directly: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1gO2KyK5ci
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello,

same issue happened to me last night. I was drying a small load when I hear a loud bang. I need help on what to do next. Thank you.280278D4-BC9F-4CD9-8682-B547385D6720.jpeg

0 Likes
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Is that the outer glass or inner glass?

My dryer was still under warranty from Samsung.  It was a major pain getting repaired. I called Costco concierge  and they handled it. Well after a month of waiting a sumsung repair tech finally replaced the door.

Samsung only has a 1 month warranty on cosmetic damage.so my warranty is voided waiting for the repair.  If yours is not under warranty, simply call a samsumg repair center or an appliance repair center an have someone come out and look at it

0 Likes
userZoL7IMJGZQ
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer Model DVE(G) 50M7450

I'm so TICKED OFF right now!! Went to take my load out the dryer opened the door to a shattered inside glass!! Samsung needs to explain and replace.  This not normal, nor normal wear and tear.  A dryer is supposed to withstand the dryer elements they have set.  WHY ARE YOU USING GLASS ANYWAY??

please tell me how Samsung plans to resolve this issue.  I have been a fan of Samsung since the first galaxy phone, but this right here is completely unacceptable.  You can clearly see a towel, sheet and there is a queen blanket in there.  Now there is glass stuck between the door panel.

1DAE208F-EA8C-4256-8F04-83CEDC574D64.jpeg

38DCE81D-C233-4CC0-B0E3-4BBA9093B24B.jpeg

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Please send a private message so that I can get some additional information from you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
uservillCadYie
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I was drying a blanket and found Samsung Dryer Model# DV50K8600E (G) inner glass shattered. What could be the cause? Any recommendations on getting it replaced?

0 Likes
patrickw
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

you could have possibly had something hard stuck on the blanket. as for getting it replaced I would just check with the people who sold it to you to see if it is still under warranty.

0 Likes
uservillCadYie
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yeah I wish it was that simple. At least I'd know what happened.  But that wasn't the case so I'm scratching my head. I'm past the point of being able to return it.  

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm sorry to hear that so that  I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of the door? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes