JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Washer - Residue (All Types)

(Topic created: 09-08-2020 07:00 AM)
user3Gs0X9mNnc
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This morning was the final straw. Model # WA45H7000AW/A2 has had these flakes and sludge looking things ending up on my clothes and in the tub for about 3 years now. I thought it was an old piece of paper that got stuck somewhere and has been coming off in pieces over time. This morning my clothes were cover more than ever before so I did some research and found out this is an ongoing issue and that it's MOLD. Not only have we been in a pandemic but I find out that I've been washing and wearing clothes that have been covered in mold for 3 years!!! This is completely unacceptable SAMSUNG!!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey everyone,

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
  2. Press Power to turn on the washer.
  3. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
  4. Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  5. After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

Note:

• The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
  • When the noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ 

Or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message! https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS

View solution in context

33 Replies
Solution
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey everyone,

To keep your washer tub clean, use the SELF CLEAN cycle at least once a month or every 20 cycles.

Perform the recommended procedures below when using the SELF CLEAN cycle. On 2011–2013 models, the SELF CLEAN cycle is labeled “Pure Cycle.”

1. Remove all items from the washer tub and ensure the tub is empty. Laundry left in the tub during the SELF CLEAN cycle may be damaged.
  2. Press Power to turn on the washer.
  3. Turn the Cycle Selector to SELF CLEAN (or select Pure Cycle).
  4. Press and hold Start/Pause (Hold to Start).
  5. After the SELF CLEAN cycle, leave the lid open to dry.

Note:

• The water temperature for SELF CLEAN is set to Hot and cannot be changed.
  • When the noticeable residue is present in the washer tub, add 1 cup (8 fl.oz or 240ml) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment before you start the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • Do not use or mix any other detergent or chemicals during the SELF CLEAN cycle. If necessary, run a RINSE+SPIN cycle after the SELF CLEAN cycle has completed to help remove any residual residue.
  • Please be aware that certain usage and environmental conditions may result in residue build-up or odor in the washer tub.

Caution:

• Check the washer tub before using the SELF CLEAN cycle. Remove any water remaining in the tub by running the SPIN ONLY cycle before starting the SELF CLEAN cycle.
  • If there is chlorine bleach left in the washer tub for an extended period of time, rust can occur.

If you have additional questions you can go here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108629/ 

Or reach out to me or another Moderator in a direct message! https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS

userTpC1r1xqvI
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Top Load washer, Model WA40J3000A, is 27 months old and black mold has begun being left on clothes after full wash/rinse cycle.  Used straight bleach in soap dispenser and run self clean cycle 4 times. Have also used washing machine cleaning tablets 4 times.. no difference, clothes still have mold after wash rinse cycle.  I have removed bolt from Pulsator but it seems to be fused to bottom of wash drum as will not come off.  
Note many others here with top loader mold issue as well.  A class action suit needs to begin regarding this issue!!

Options
Washers and Dryers
are you doing the cleam cycle every 2-3 months and adding bleach when doing?
usertcTDzC27AC
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Has anyone found a solution to the problem of brown flakes in a WA400 series washer?  They remain in the bottom of the tub after a load of laundry and also adhere to the damp clothes, staining some of them.  
Samsung:   What can be done about this?

user5vwr5GZhgb
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Taking the machine apart to access the outside of the drum is the only solution. The residue builds up there and under the agitator. Looks like we'll have to do this every year. Many brands seem to have this same problem. Bosch & Insignia was the only brands i found that did not have complaints about it. 

user8Ra2CDBBUX
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is the only answer you get regarding the brown residue in the machine...... Garbage machines ! 

usernaLy8BGkwq
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I spent 5 hours on the phone with supervisor after supervisor and they refused to even acknowledge the problem. Told me they hadn’t received any reports of “mold” in the washers. Unbelievable! 

usernaLy8BGkwq
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Running self clean and all of Samsungs “steps” are NOT a solution! I have been dealing with this issue for years and it keeps coming back!!! They need to stop pandering this worthless method as a solution! It is just Samsung’s way of refusing to acknowledge the dangerous defect in their product!! I complete all of those steps routinely and it does not eliminate the mold. I had to completely disassemble the entire machine and clean it all with bleach and the mold is still present! In addition the agitator allows for mold to grow in between the metal and plastic that is impossible to get to!

usernaLy8BGkwq
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

D5E9D248-20DD-4B04-88F6-6B64AEC42E81.jpeg

F348D1A6-EBE2-416C-9CE6-7EE39D8C1572.jpeg

 clear mold in between the pieces of the agitator that is impossible to get to 

087DA03F-52A8-4119-A961-C19B4A11E44A.jpeg