JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 02-16-2019 11:02 PM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

JUMP TO SOLUTION
304 Replies
usereWMQib4Fxb
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I read through 14 pages of the community forum on this very topic. A couple of people suggested that there was some wiring loose. Maybe. Our washer is a top loader, model WA45H7200A, has been used for 2 years, but it is out of warranty, of course.

The fix that our handyman friend discovered was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25kVSQqNq2Q

The springs were simply too weak to take on the spin cycle when there was > 1 laundry basket of clothes. Empty or very small handwashing-size loads, it was totally fine, but 1 laundry basket full, or bath towels, forget-about-it. Supposedly, you can buy new springs (for some models, but possibly not all) for around $70. Our handyman friend put some old hose around the springs to make them stiffer and give them support, and now the washing machine actually is VRT, as claimed by Samsung's marketing dept.

Hope this video will help others, as Samsung customer service has not been forthcoming about this very common issue. I don't agree with paying a Samsung technician $400 for a non-guaranteed service call for a $700 machine that is pretty new. Good luck.

0 Likes
userfzjGfeyHpE
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Solved - My Fix

I have a WA45H7000AW/A2 washer. It's about 5 years old. I read all the posts except for the hidden comments from the Samsung techs.

The first thing I checked was the suspension rods. Mine had the plastic collars on them and the tension felt strong.  I decided to go to Lowes where the machine was purchased. They still are selling a similar model.  I checked the new machine for stiffness to compare to mine. Up and down stiffness was the same but side to side was not.  My machine had more wobble side to side.

I removed the top again and noticed that there are foam pads to cushion the unbalanced drum. Two on the sides and one in front and back. My pads where pretty worn out.  I scraped them off and replaced them with a little more denser foam.  I just used contract cement to glue them in place.

SInce doing that, the unbalanced wobble is less which causes less or no  clutch resets. I have not had repeated spin/rinse cycles since doing that.  A cheap fix.  I was ready to purchase one of the old style used washing machines but decided to try one more time to repair.

I don't recall seeing anybody mentioning the cushion pad replacements. 

0 Likes
uservMaiRRk3CW
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer bought 3 years ago. When will reach the spin cycle and will spin for about 2 minutes and then starts filling with water and adds about 10 minutes to the timer.Time inclrease and stop  It will continue to do this over and over.  I have stopped the washer and put it just on the spin cycle and it will do the same thing. Why it's rinsing on the spin cycle 

What should i do???

erksbay999
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
My Kenmore looks brand new but acting crazy needs main control board which is now discontinued 😒
0 Likes
useroiq3c7oULW
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer will not come out of cycle. It has the hour glass and time showing. We have tried unplugging overnight with no luck. How do I get it to work again?

0 Likes
userW6fhJzPvnn
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Our Samsung top loading washer is continually out of balance regardless of load size. Is there a way to repair this?

phonzo20
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
it may be a stupid question but did you level it?
0 Likes
userW6fhJzPvnn
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes, but  we I'll check it again.

0 Likes
Eric4816
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Do you get the UB error code?  Or none at all?

0 Likes
Eric4816
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

This is a little different from other posts I've seen on the same issue.  I observed that while in the normal cycle, when the timer gets to 44 minutes, the machine is draining and the drum begins to spin.  The spin is still slow, and the tub is not vibrating moving at all.  the spins increases slightly, stops, and begins rotating slowly again.  The drain pump runs and stops intermittently.  Then, when the timer gets to 41 minutes, I hear a an electronic ping, the entire display flashes very briefly, and the timer returns to 44 minutes.  this continued for several times before Ishut down the machine and ran it in rinse and spin mode, which completed successfully.  The load in the washer was very light (just some underwear).  There were never any error codes displayed.

0 Likes