JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Rusting

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 05:36 AM)
useroGKGqEdBMS
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought ours in 2017 I think and I just was doing laundry and noticed a chunk of rust as well as rust drip-stains in the fabric softener dispenser.  I have tried to make sure I leave the lid open after running loads of laundry in order to help it dry out and prevent mold/gunk from developing.  A few weeks ago I noticed flakes of brown gunk appearing on my washed clothes and in the washer tub.  I found videos of people dealing with a similar problem and how they disassembled the entire thing to clean it!!  It really bums me out because now I have to inspect my clothes (especially the whites) for any debris so it won't stain!!! And now I have to worry about rust from the inside?? I'm afraid to use it at this point Smiley Sad15958797927175574423346471380061.jpg

110 Replies
jbell13
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Jessica *****
***** Patterson LA 70392
Px exchange

0 Likes
userAvC2hX8Tt7
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

samsung.jpgsamsung1.jpgrust.jpg

userVi6crLSOe3
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
That should've been recalled due to lack of quality!!!
0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello there, I understand your concern and would like to address it appropriately in a private message if you do not mind. Please send a private message using this link PM Link with the full serial number to proceed. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjalck5YY4S
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
  • I have a 2018 top loading washer that is full of rust under and around the lid. I bought an extended warranty through leons but apparently this doesn't cover rust. Its very disappointing to spend over $1000 on a state of the art machine just to have it now ruining articles of clothing. My Parents have a 20 year old machine that still runs like a top.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link. If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.

0 Likes
user6BMjdR60qA
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

6A095F53-89A6-4908-8093-512CC49295D0.jpeg

 

We purchased our Washer and after only 3 months there was a full rust line inside the bin.  Samsung is telling us Rust is a cosmetic problem and not covered under the one year warranty.    How is rust a cosmetic problem after only 3 months? would Samsung employees appreciate having rust on their clothes after only 3 months of using their brand new product?  We Have tried 3 separate ways of resolving this issue.  I was told I could paint over the rust or pay for a new basket.  Best Buy will not help either.  Please help.

0 Likes
JimmyyJamzz
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
I dislike. 👎

I mean regardless of the time constraint a cosmetic issue will always be cosmetic. But, 3 months. That is rather fast for rust to oxidize through paint. It could be a toss up between a manufacturing error or a problem with your water supply.
0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

@user6BMjdR60qA

I am so sorry to hear about the issue with the washing machine rusting and would like to assist as best as possible. If you would like for us to research this concern further please send the following information in a private message PM Link

Full name
Street Address
Email Address
Contact Number
Place of Purchase
Model Code
Serial Number
Description of the issue reported
(provide images if available to samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com with the number# in the subject line)

- Please Note: If you are having an issue replying with the private message link from the app, you can click on my name and select the "message" option as a method to contact me directly as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKfqIepmFQF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

MODEL- WA45M7050AW/A4 

SERIAL- <Hidden>

Seriously. This is my mother's Samsung washing machine.  I visited her in Delaware this past weekend for the first time since Covid and saw the disappointing atrosity she depends on to CLEAN her clothes and sheets and EVERYTHING. Now, knowing before I even had to look she does not have her receipt or even the manual. My mother has been trapped in her home being immunocompromised, afraid to reach out and seek help.  Her Samsung RUST Washer is not a unique problem. Just type the words "Samsung RUST Washer" and the reality is that Samsung made a subpar appliance that people like my mother saved up their hard earned money for months to buy, and Samsung slyly deny and revert blame and whispered "voluntary recall",  accept no blame, offer no apology, no remedy, no solution, no retrobution.

My mother said this has been happening slowly for years now...it started with the Bleach dispenser, she no longer uses Bleach, for some time the rust stained clothes stopped multiplying.  The new horror that she is facing now is the detergent dispenser.  What is happening to fix this.  PLEASE HELP. 

RUST! SAMSUNG WASHERRUST! SAMSUNG WASHER

0 Likes