Original topic:

A14 Recent Button gone after last update.

(Topic created: a week ago)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is Samsung ever going to do something about this? 

14 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Recent for what?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The Recent Apps button for primary navigation at the bottom of the screen.  The thing most people on this site are complaining about.  Is Samsung ever gonna do anything about this BS?

0 Likes
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

This is the first I've heard of the recent button disappearing what buttons do you have now on your navigation bar  

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Haven't heard anyone else say anything about it.. I've had no issues.. Plus 6.1 updated was awhile ago.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You mean the 3 vertical lines on the side of the home key? It would appear you are the only one with the problem.  All my navigation buttons are right where they should be and visible.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes,  but it no longer works.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

That is surprising since its all over this site,  which is how I found it.  The < button and O button work,  not the ||| button,  it does nothing thanks to the update.  Epic fail here Samsung. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You say it's all over the site, but I have never seen a single complaint about this issue and I am here all the time (retired with time on my hands).  I have an A54, with all the updates that have been pushed to it and never had a single problem with that, or any button, on my navigation bar.

I think, when things like this happen, it is because people are so anxious to get their phones back in service after an update, they rush the process and don't let the update complete putting all the pieces in place - they just start using the phone right away.  Just because the phone reboots and starts when you unlock it, doesn't mean the update is complete.  I also do a second reboot after the update is complete and optimize.  Some people even go as far as to empty the cache partition after an update to clear any remaining vestiges of the old system.

So, I suggest to you what I said above, try clearing your cache partition and see if that helps.  There is no reason this update should have caused your recent apps button to be non-functional, especially if the other buttons are functional.  Have you tried switching the button order?  You can do that in settings/display/navigation bar/button order to see if it works in the other position and if the back button ceases to function.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

How long has yours been missing?  Have you a) rebooted your phone, b) optimized your phone or c) cleared the cache partition?  This is not a known issue.

0 Likes