JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Would less RAM increase the battery life?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userra
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

would that increase the battery life since there are less apps open? My battery is good but I keep reading about others' a54i have 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ImRyan
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I found the best way to save battery life is to close any apps I'm not using when I get finished using them. That's the only way to use less ram and save battery. The more things you have open in the background/running it's using battery and ram. My battery life with the S24 Ultra is great. It's better than the s23 ultra. And the battery is the same size as the s23 ultra

View solution in context

6 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@userra Less RAM would make your device slower and less capable. It might marginally save you battery since you don't have to power the RAM but it would increase battery use since apps would have to access storage more often. 

userra
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Okay then. All the phone companies have battery issues and the only commonality I see is Ai chip maybe that is why. Okay thanks bye.
0 Likes
Solution
ImRyan
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I found the best way to save battery life is to close any apps I'm not using when I get finished using them. That's the only way to use less ram and save battery. The more things you have open in the background/running it's using battery and ram. My battery life with the S24 Ultra is great. It's better than the s23 ultra. And the battery is the same size as the s23 ultra
userra
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yeah, I did that. Thanks. I was just thinking that if there were fewer apps available to be open, it would leave more room for battery. I always use the broom widget to clear the memory. My battery protection is on basic, and I haven't had any issues since I bought this phone. I like it a lot. Yeah in Think all the phones nowadays have a 5000mah something like so.
ImRyan
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yup. Mine is 5,000 mah and apparently the s25 is going to be the same from the rumors I've heard. But I noticed better battery life on the S24 Ultra than the s23 Ultra. I was on the plan from Tmobile to upgrade every year but with 7 years of major os updates I decided to hold onto this phone for awhile. Plus the S25 isn't going to be that much different and the only improvement I had with the S24 Ultra is a better battery life but that's because of the software and I'll get the same software as I would on the s25 so I'm going to hold onto this 1 for awhile and I do the same thing lol 😂 😂 😂. Use the broom thing a lot as well. And I don't have my battery protection on but I don't leave it charging overnight or past the time it's charged. I think keeping a phone charging is a big battery killer. And I usually don't put it on the charger until it's at least 50. I try to do things like that to save my battery. I like the S24 Ultra A LOT myself
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I just read that weak overlapping signals are a factor of battery getting lower. I never knew that. Any S model is nice but it's too expensive for me so I just bought this one. I wish I could have bought the flip though.
0 Likes