JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook Plus V2 Battery not charging

(Topic created: 04-20-2020 08:20 AM)
usercjfP5kxQbt
Constellation
Options
Computers
Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 Model Number: XE520QAB-K02US purchased in July 2019 for my 14yr old son school needs.  Warranty expired 12/31/2019.  Now the battery seems dead and not holding any charge.  Spent hours researching potential fixes including the Samsung suggested actions (power flush, etc).  Contacted Samsung and the referred me to authorized repair shop which I now have to send to them with expected cost of ~$150.00 for new battery and labor (+ shipping).  This is not the quality product that I've come to expect from Samsung with multiple Samsung smart TV's and their Oculus Quest.  Very disappointed and now when my son needs this chromebook now more than ever because of Covid-19 related home schooling, he doesn't have it.  This was a high-end chromebook price point and I would expect better quality.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Click on the link that was provided.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user3YfiRbGD91
Constellation
Options
Computers

I private messaged you

0 Likes
userKTzyfnukSE
Constellation
Options
Computers

This must be a common issue because mine will not retain a charge either.  I purchased mine in July of 2019.  For this price this should not be failing so early.

0 Likes
userVbloMfVgJR
Astronaut
Options
Computers

i am facing similar issue with my Samsung Chromebook plus v2. cant find any help

0 Likes