JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Flex alpha S Pen support

(Topic created: 08-03-2020 10:22 AM)
user11wcRkF7ko
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just got my Flex alpha 13 with the I 7. The screen is beautiful. Some reviews, and the user manual, seem to suggest that it supports the S Pen. 

Can anyone tell me if that is true?

If F, what pen should I get?

Thanks for any answers.

32 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

The Galaxy Book Flex alpha does not support an S Pen.

usercoxe3Qaxpx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Dear SamsungLou,

You are saying the Flex Alpha does not support the S-Pen. The Flex Alpha manual clearly states that it does (albeit the pen is not included), and the manual shows a chassis slot for the S-Pen. The Samsung online spec only says the S-Pen is not included but doesn't say wether or not it is supported but optional, doesn't show a slot, and doesn't list the pen as an accessory.  The the online specs have had several blatant errors so the Samsung spec writers are not credible. The Samsung Experience stores are closed so it is impossible to physically try it out. Given the conflicting specs and confusion within Samsung (on something very basic), how can we rely on your information as correct? What are you basing your response on?

user2YPku52WKK
Asteroid
Options
Computers

@usercoxe3Qaxpx wrote:

Dear SamsungLou,

You are saying the Flex Alpha does not support the S-Pen. The Flex Alpha manual clearly states that it does (albeit the pen is not included), and the manual shows a chassis slot for the S-Pen. The Samsung online spec only says the S-Pen is not included but doesn't say wether or not it is supported but optional, doesn't show a slot, and doesn't list the pen as an accessory.  The the online specs have had several blatant errors so the Samsung spec writers are not credible. The Samsung Experience stores are closed so it is impossible to physically try it out. Given the conflicting specs and confusion within Samsung (on something very basic), how can we rely on your information as correct? What are you basing your response on?

I sympathize with your frustration on this. I tried to get a straight answer on it when they went on sale. (Online support said yes and no, they did not have a definative answer themselves.) I ended up with the Flex to be sure. The manual is generic, the S-Pen is available in Korea as is a 15.6 in version. I think some tech sites were going off the versions already released (providing higher spec versions to press that were not available in the US was dishonest. Combined with the utter silence from Samsung on clarification the overall experience of trying to figure out what you are buying with these was just awful. If you look at the US press release from January it lists the ACtive Pen from which i assume is the same as the one used with the Notebook 9 Pro. This of course is not available for purchase from Samsung's webpage at this time.  Best of luck.   

usercoxe3Qaxpx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Yes, thank you, my experience  and dissapointment dovetails exactly with yours. Please see my response to the moderator below.

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options