JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

unable to connect router

(Topic created: 11-07-2020 07:37 AM)
Sophia2
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I am unable to connect to my router (192.168.1.1) which I have accessed many times in the past, but for unknown reasons I can not access it now. I have tried Firefox, IE, and Midori browsers. CISCO/Llinksys Wirless-G broadband router (I am connected by blue ethernet cabling from my PC to the router). Stumped why I can not connect to the router. I can pink the router (192.168.1.1 )from a Windows 10 powershell command line and get packets bounced back from the ping. Browser says "The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Any ideas to fix this?

0 Likes
9 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Computers

Have you tried removing power from the router and rebooting it?

Sophia2
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Yes,I have tried but still same problem...

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Computers

There are so many different routers  and different operating systems/firmware for them out there.

Find a tech minded friend who knows how to talk to routers or, at wits end replace it.

You can Google for forums concerning your model router and perhaps get some clues or info on how to resolve the problem yourself.  Telnet and SSH protocols are usually used to connect to routers in a terminal mode command line environment when the web page gui won't play nice.

There are many different cpu and chipset combinations used in routers making it a very confusing world for new users to learn about.  I personally have 6 high end routers in my house each with customized firmware specific to each model.  I rely on a couple of genius programmers in Germany to keep my firmware up to date.

Good luck with your quest.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers

Have you tried doing a full factory reset of the router? There should be a button somewhere on the router which will force it to do a full factory reset. 

You should also check the CISCO/Llinksys support site. 

ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Computers

LongHiker is probably correct.  I've forgotten what a factory stock router looks like.

Sophia2
Asteroid
Options
Computers

after  full factory reset working fine...Thank you..

useriDXUAH3nJM
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have the same issue but i am not able to log in to my router using 192.168.1.1 IP address ! Help me 🙂

0 Likes
rahulroy
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I also have the same problem in my router  that I use ip address 192.168.1.1  

You help me get out of a lot of work. Please help me !!

0 Likes
userOCQYJk3LC3
Constellation
Options
Computers

Well, I was having the same issue with my IP 192.168.1.1.

0 Likes