Original topic:

Backing up phone from cover screen?

(Topic created: Sunday)
karen191
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Is it possible to back up my phone from the outer screen on the z flip 6? 

My inner screen unfortunately  isn't working, I can feel it vibrate when I try to use my finger print to unlock it but... No luck. My outer screen still works and I can access all of my photos from there but I can't figure out how to back them up to my google drive. Which was out of storage until I realized that my phone was broken, now it has plenty of storage. 

I would appreciate any advice. I'm really just looking to back up my recent photos in all honesty but if I could do the whole phone that would be amazing. Thanks!

2 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
i would suggest trying to connect your phone to a PC and see if you can access the files in Windows explorer and copy them over you can also try using Smart switch on a pc to try to back up your files

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
RoSpace
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
When my inner screen broke on my Flip, I used an adapter from Type C to regular USB to attach a mouse , then later a splitter so I could hook up an hdmi display as well as a mouse. Got full access to back up the whole phone! Then you can turn on remote management, amoung other things. Didn't realize Google lets your backups expire, so I need to do it again. This time I'll back up to my PC.
0 Likes