JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Damaged trade in device

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 12:28 PM)
userXpmA9oyHXX
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I sent in a Galactic Galaxy Z Flip 5 for trade in. There was no damage to the screen and phone worked as it should. I transferred everything from my old Z flip to the new flip 6 myself.

Now i get the response from samsung stating my trade in device has screen damage and the phone doesn't turn on or work as it should. They even provided photos of the damage. The phone i sent in had no damage. How do I know that is even my phone? 

Has anyone else have this happen to them? And what did you do about it? Thanks 
13 Replies
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Did you take pics or a video of the phone working and then getting boxed up?  Also, check the serial number.  Have them provide you with the serial number and see if it matches the one in your Samsung product list. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
userXpmA9oyHXX
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Unfortunately, I didn't take pics or video. I never had this problem before with other trade-in devices. But I will inquire about the serial number. Thanks.
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

The serial and IMEI #s should be listed in your Samsung Members App->Support->My Products and then click on the "i" in the circle to the right of the device listing and it should display that info. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Imei number and serial number should no longer be in their account if they properly removed it per trade in protocol.
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

That may be protocol but my S21U from last and my Fold 5 from this year as still listed in my products with the numbers. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have the same experience as @bill-e . Devices that i have traded in years ago are still listed in My Products.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Same, plus I still have every product box put up just for that information if needed.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I'm a box saver too.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

+1

Bill
---
0 Likes