JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Receiving message: isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized

(Topic created: 01-11-2024 07:30 AM)
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Good day My wife's z flip 4 is experiencing issues after the Android 14 update yesterday. "isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized" That message pops up from time to time on her phone and then the phone freezes perhaps an update will fix it?

139 Replies
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I uninstalled the updates for both Chrome and webview ,the isn't optimized still occurs and the phone freezes. If we turn the phone to landscape position that is horizontal we're able to view the notification and phone works normally. We can **bleep** return to portrait position to continue using your phone
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm not sure why I put the word bleep there but I tried to say is that after we rotate to landscape we can then return to portrait to use the phone normally
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Maybe the next Android system webview update will fix the problem
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Have you tried the Beta version? It was updated on February 6th. There's a developer option, too, but I switched to the Beta Version, and my phone is running smoothly, but if you receive a software update, uninstall the Beta version before installing the update. The February update was received today on one of my devices.
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Nice catch is still showing the pop-up is from Android system web view. There was an update of that app this morning the issue still persist!
Samsung Manager should we try to uncheck the default for that app which is what it's set to now ?
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Android WebView is a system component from Google that allows apps to display web content. Removing it from default may help, and it may cause additional issues. 

Have you tried force stopping the app and clearing the data? (Using your apps would reopen the WebView app.) 

Also try setting the WebView app to block notifications and no permissions allowed. (We have ours set this way.)  

We have also forwarded the information to another team, and are waiting to hear their recommendations.

Options
Fold & Flip Phones
By the way this is occurring on my wife's z flip 4 I have a Note 20 ultra which is still on Android 13 no issues with my phone at all. I just tried all the above the settings are the same as yours block notifications and no permissions allowed I did four stop and clear data still no change. The interesting part of all of this is that if we turn the phone to landscape it unfreezes and we can read the messages normally then return it to portrait and all is fine. That's the only thing that seems to work so far
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Obviously I meant force stop
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for the additional information and for your patience. We will continue to work towards finding a solution. We will follow up again when we have more information.

0 Likes
Members_rEmwlkB
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, I have a Galaxy S23 and I have the same issue (not like my phone freezes) but when I quit and open an app too many times quickly (to test how smooth oneui is comparing to ios or hyperos or whatever other ui's) I get the same message even in system apps, it been like that since the release of Oneui6 with 2 security updates installed but no fix. I hope its getting fixed on oneui 6.1

0 Likes