JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds 3 pro: high pitched noise when removing the buds

(Topic created: 07-22-2024 09:00 PM)
Anik-R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Forwarded here via Samsung Chat Support.

I am someone upgrading from the buds 2 pro.

There seems to be a possible design flaw with the placement of the microphone or sensors which affects ANC and may cause hearing damage.

I have long hair that goes over my ears, so when removing one earbud and the removed earbud doesn't disconnect, it can cause a high pitched whine or a firecracker sound. The whine sounds like microphone feedback, and it does hurt.

At the same time, with the way the microphones are positioned, you have to remove them by pinching the stem and then plucking it out of your ear. If you remove them the same way you remove the previous generation bean-style earbuds (ex my buds 2 pro), it causes an issue of making it sound like someone is crinkling paper or aluminum foil right next to your ear. When looking at where my fingers are positoned when taking it out of my ears, my fingers cover 2 black meshes of the buds 3, which I assume are microphones.

In order to avoid this from happening, I have to part my hair away from my ear and then remove it, or remove my earphones fast, like ripping off a bandaid.

Other than this, sound quality is good and diagnosing them doesn't seem to show any issues, a fit test also shows that the earphones are "sealed" properly, and I am on the latest firmware.

The earbuds are being used with a Z fold 4 on One UI 6.1

33 Replies
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
TRUST ME, return them amc reorder. It's the process with the LEAST hassle. Please TRUST ME
0 Likes
Anik-R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
It's with a trade-in + preorder discount.

Since these arrived very early, I'm gonna wait until the end of this week to push for an exchange so more people gets their hands on them incase anyone here has a workaround.

Using my older buds in the meantime.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello All, Welcome to the Community, and thank you for reaching out. We understand the concern with the high-pitched noise and the crinkle sound when removing the earbuds.

Please submit an error report through the Wearables app while connected to the earbuds. Open the Wearables app>select the three horizontal lines>tap the Settings icon>Tap on Contact Us. This will provide information directly to Samsung developers.

If you are experiencing pain from the earbuds, we have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation.We encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. Additionally, you can reach out to a moderator directly, and we can set up a call back ticket to have the specialized team reach out to you directly.

Anik-R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
This only happens when ANC is on.

This doesn't happen when I am using a single bud or with ANC off.

I have just sent the logs.
petraviva
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thanks for reporting this. I am having the same issue as you described. Ambient and Adaptive ANC seem to be worse for me than Active ANC.

Like you I have used the Buds 2 Pro, also Buds Live, Buds+ previously and not encountered this. My hair goes over my ears as well. 

This feels like a software issue to me and could be fixed by perhaps inserting a delay in activating ANC when the earbud is being inserted or removed from the case.

userW8bMUDP5dU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I also have this issue with my buds 3 pro.  They also started to not consistently charge.  Today, for example, they were plugged in charging for 3 hours, were not dead when I plugged them in by any means, and only got to 86%.  I just sent error reports now.

usersNYXnmAJMA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
I've had that problem too..I've also had volume issues and a weird high pitched beep when in ancient or ambient...I've had the volume issues w/the buds pro/pro 2/and these if I'm working out it seems sweat messes up a sensor
0 Likes
acc3d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I also have this issue with mic feedback on my Buds 3 Pro. Even if I keep ANC and transparency off, removing one Bud causes transparency to activate and the sound will occur when you brush your finger over the mic grill. Truly a horrible sound
SCRAMJONES
Halo
Options
Galaxy Buds
When I have the Buds on and the outside gets rubbed against a pillow case it makes a very high pitched sound that sounds familiar to puting a microphone to a speaker. It's a very loud piercing noise that can cause damage to the ear. Samsung please provide a fix for this. The Noise also happens sometimes when I rub my finger on it while putting it in mu ears.