JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds series - Block Touches keeps getting disabled

(Topic created: 09-23-2020 02:14 PM)
RiverDog
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have Block Touches enabled in the app because the touch pads are so sensitive and I'm sick of accidentally triggering YouTube Music or hanging up during calls when I'm just trying to gently adjust an earbud. However, even though Block Touches is on, quite a few times now I've dropped off important work calls because the app somehow turns off Block Touches. How do I stop this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
18 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Buds

Does this only happen with third-party applications or all applications?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkzJW3LqgRZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

No, In fact I only use regular samsung note9 dialer and place a regular call. The problem you need to understand is why "block touches" option turns off in the wearable app, that's it. Make sure nothing in the world can change that option and this issue will be resolved for everyone.

userVvLsCx3y12
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have Block Touches enabled in the app because the touch pads are so sensitive and I'm sick of accidentally hanging up during calls when I'm just trying to gently adjust an earbud. However, even though Block Touches is on, quite a few times now I've dropped off important calls because the app somehow turns off Block Touches. How do I fix this?

Momika
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm frustrated with the same problem. I have touches blocked, but every time I try to adjust the buds in my ear or even sometimes when I'm inserting them to answer a call it disconnects my call.

userS7vy8lu5P4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same here. Beyond frustrating. Sometime Block Touch will stay on and sometime it won't so everytime I use these buds I need to open the wearable app to ensure block touches is turned on. Kind of defeats the entire purpose of having touch control if the only feature it does for you is hang up calls

Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Buds

If the Resetting the Buds did not help and this is happening with more than just third-party applications I would recommend having your Buds evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userPdLaHlxOkl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have my buds in my ears with block touches enabled.

I press to make a call and as it starts ringing the person the block touches turns off... So I turn it back on...

The call connects with someone and AGAIN, block touches turns off. 

This is intermittent and happens probably more than 50% of the time. I really do hate these buds for this issue. The amount I have to adjust the earphones for them to stay comfortable makes me wish there was a permanent block touches. 

Edit - I have the buds live and pro's and it does it for both!

user3gtSUJUOf7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue.  I have the Samsung S21, I use the Galaxy Wearable app, as per the instructions with the Galaxy Buds.  It is extremely frustrating having calls drop constantly when I adjust the ear buds.  Like other's have stated, I check to make sure that Block Touches is turned on before I make a phone call.  It does appear to be a firmware issue.  I expect more from Samsung with their tier 1 products. 

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes