JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GalaxyBud stopped working out of nowhere

(Topic created: 04-01-2020 11:35 AM)
MoisesC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I put both buds to charge in the case, came back 2 hours and only the left one was fully charged. I left right earbud in there for another 2 hours n still no charge and the galaxy wearables app just shows an exclamation point for the right ear bud.

284 Replies
usersihChWg8ZF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

What bout when there only a couple of hours old mine are brand new and the left bud isn't working not charging or connecting the case and right earbud are 100%  charged.. 

0 Likes
userbMHqyp2gmt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

@elianafeijoo I'm not able to even click the reset button as it needs both buds to be connected, and my left bud is not connecting. Is there any way to get them swapped or fixed? I've noticed there are many other users are having similar problems out of the blue. I know it's hard because of the current covid-19 pandemic so if that means waiting a while before going in-store, then that's understandable.

0 Likes
elianafeijoo
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good morning @userbMHqyp2gmt , so Samsung has a one year manufacturers warranty. If you bought the headphones under a year and they can confirm it is a manufactures issue, you can get a replacement! It is just up to them however and they have to see if the buds are not fixable. Yes so like I said you have two options either to call 1800-samsung, connect online with someone or to come into the store and we will take care of the mail-out process. I would recommend if your warranty is about to expire then get it done as soon as possible and contact samsung! You want to get it covered. I hope this helped, have a wonderful day. 

0 Likes
userO7H5iiUHmh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My right earbud charges fine but the left one is dead and in the wearable app, the right one connects just fine but the left one just has a red explanation mark on it and I've tried charging with and without the case plugged in (which is almost fully charged). 

0 Likes
ClarenceC1
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

hey @userO7H5iiUHmh 

Sorry, you're going through this issue. I advise you to get in contact with a Samsung moderator to escalate this to a repair center. Have you tried all of the troubleshooting steps?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111318/

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Give the accepted solution on this thread a try: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Buds/GalaxyBud-stopped-working-out-of-nowhere/m-p/1158680...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
በረከት
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Model: SM-R170

S/N: <hidden serial number> 

0 Likes
CaptainN8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Im having the same issue. Won't charge. Can't update them because of issue. Did you get it fixed? 

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-ocurring.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

0 Likes
userGYESQYPOTA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good evening,

I have the Samsung buds and I absolutely love them but the other night I let the batteries die on them and since then I can't get the left one to either connect or charge. I've tried everything I can think of (disconnecting, unpairing, deleting the Samsung app) and still nothing. I got them for Christmss so they aren't that old. Thanks