JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GalaxyBud stopped working out of nowhere

(Topic created: 04-22-2020 03:34 PM)
MoisesC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I put both buds to charge in the case, came back 2 hours and only the left one was fully charged. I left right earbud in there for another 2 hours n still no charge and the galaxy wearables app just shows an exclamation point for the right ear bud.

284 Replies
mkkim
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello @user3XUA5Y98yt 

There are many reasons you could be experiencing these symptoms.

Have you had a software update to your Galaxy buds recently?

- If yes, check to see if you have 2 different software version on your Galaxy buds

Galaxy Wearable apps > Click Top left 3dot > About Galaxy Wearable > check the version

Galaxy Wearable version 2.2.30.20031361

Galaxy Buds Plugin version 1.4.20042451

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the Galaxy wearable app?

"Setting" > Apps > Galaxy Wearable > Clear data , Clear Cache

clearing the galaxy buds cache and data in apps helped

"Setting" > Apps > Galaxy Buds > Storage > Clear data , Clear Cache

If your phone cannot connect to one or both of your Galaxy Buds or Gear IconX, getting them to connect again will only take a couple of steps. Performing a restart on the earbuds, resetting the Bluetooth connection, or updating the Galaxy Wearable app will normally fix the issue.

Give this link a try for issues with your Galaxy buds

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111318/

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello!

If the troubleshooting provided does not help the symptoms you are experiencing, I would like to assist you further. Could you please provide me with the model and serial number for your Galaxy buds in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar  

Thank you

0 Likes
S20Ultra
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the Galaxy Buds+ and i am experiencing a very similar issue with the left ear bud

0 Likes
userbYNeubCGfc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am seeing so many complaints from people regarding the same issue.  Why hasn't Samsung addressed this?  I have been buying Samsung since the S1 came out. I have a Note 10+, a Samsung smart TV, galaxy watch and two of my kids have notes and buds.  Theybise their bids all the time and me rarely.  So yes my buds were dead when I recharged them with the proper cords the left one remained dead.

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring. The issue is a hardware problem.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

If you have warranty you are eligible to request for a replacement.For replacement , you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. Please be sure to have the proof of purchase handy because you will have to submit that. They will provide you with a UPS shipping label and will give you all of the instructions

0 Likes
userswpCYKeKa8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

My left bud was not charging and I tried cleaning it and everything but I did do one thing and it worked. There is a rubber circle around the bud If u take that off and put the bud back in the case it will start charging.

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

For type of issue what you should do is you call Samsung Customer Service to check to see if you have warranty . If you have warranty you are eligible to request for a replacement.For replacement , you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. Please be sure to have the proof of purchase handy because you will have to submit that. They will provide you with a UPS shipping label and will give you all of the instructions

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

0 Likes
userSHSVOQaQs6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My left bud is not charging. I am using the original charger. I can't reset because the option is not highlighted in the app. There is an exclamation mark next to the left bud in the app.

They are less than 3 months old.

Please advise.

0 Likes