JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Option to swipe down fingerprint sensor for notification panel

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 09:02 AM)
Phantom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
May I know why this is removed from the Fold5 and Flip5? I used this feature every single day and now it's gone. It's detrimental to keep this feature so can it be added back with a software update??
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

So it appears that there were a good number of complaints about the feature, I'm guessing unwanted Notification panel activation.  From the OEM perspective it must have tripped the threshold and they did away with it.  Had they left it with the rationale that it can be toggled off, they would have still received the same number of complaints and would have had to tell the user to turn it off. 

If it were me, I would have done the same thing or hidden it in Developer options where most people wouldn't find it. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Fold
There are other options. Both within the Good Lock app
userc05dTMIc3u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hello,

On the Z Flip5, I no longer see the finger sensor gesture shortcut options (Settings > Advanced features > Motion and gesture > finger sensor gesture). 

Please bring back the ability to access the notification menu by using the finger sensor gesture. This was a HUGE benefit that I used countless times per day. 
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

You can ask for this feature to be added again through the Samsung Members app Support tab at the bottom. Find Send feedback and submit this as an Error report. Hopefully, Samsung can bring back this functionality in an update soon. In the meantime, I recommend checking out Samsung's Good Lock app. Within it are many modules you can install that enhance the personalization and functionality of your device. Specifically, the RegiStar and MultiStar (I ❤️ Foldables option) modules have some options you may be interested in. 🙂

0 Likes
CraftDPham
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I really miss the ability to swipe down on the fingerprint sensor to bring down the notification panel. It was amazing on the Z Flip 3 & 4. Very handy from us folk with smaller hands. I don't know why Samsung would remove it from the Z Flip 5. Can we please bring it back. 
MiggyWiggy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm still waiting for my upgrade but did they remove the option from the gestures menu? I'm on a Fold4 and it's still there for me
0 Likes
CraftDPham
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
yeah, i looked on my Flip 4 just to make sure i wasn't losing my mind. but it's nowhere to be found on Flip 5 currently. really hoping they can add it on the next software update.
0 Likes
Phantom
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Posted from my Fold5.
OUSoonerChase
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
+1 I used that constantly on my fold4
Akh7