Original topic:

Half white screen on galaxy s10 plus

(Topic created: 07-01-2019 01:20 AM)
userq9Vx7kByxJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

Yesterday while using my brand new s10+ i pulled up the keyboard and the bottom half of the screen went blank and white, making the phone almost unusable. I have only had it for 2 weeks and it was working perfectly before

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Based on the information you've provided the panel is defective, or has sustained (physical or water) damage. The next step is to visit a Samsung repair center, contact them via phone (1 800 Samsung), online, or Samsung Members/Shop. Additionally, Ubreak can diagnose phones in regions where they operate; UB is partnered with Samsung US. 

A technician can explain whether the issue is covered under warranty.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Solution
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Based on the information you've provided the panel is defective, or has sustained (physical or water) damage. The next step is to visit a Samsung repair center, contact them via phone (1 800 Samsung), online, or Samsung Members/Shop. Additionally, Ubreak can diagnose phones in regions where they operate; UB is partnered with Samsung US. 

A technician can explain whether the issue is covered under warranty.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userq9Vx7kByxJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nailed it, motherboard replaced

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's probably a silly question (but you didn't say in your message)... Have you tried restarting the device? Might just be a glitch, especially if you use a third party keyboard.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
userq9Vx7kByxJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did that this morning... it seeme to be sorking normal however when i go between turning the screen on and off the white section flashes during that second that the screen is switching from on to off or off to on when you press the power key

usery9TYBly2x8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@knightsurgeon @usermliYSF4FrF @SamsungAdam @useroAvJEpZj06 @useri7kapUStim @Davudbla 

All these users have had the same white bar (at the bottom of the screen) issue, and I highly doubt any of these above mentioned users wanted to spend their own money because of a company's fault. I'm having the same issue, it's draining my battery and won't even turn on unless a charger is inserted and the charging notification pops up and turns the phone on. The phone has to be powered off when on charge as the bar flickers non-stop.  My screen glitches when tapping in the middle as well as dragging the top quick settings menu down. My navigation bar works fine, but is covered halfway by this bar. I contacted samsung and they tried to blame it on my cracked screen (which never effected my phone before) before refering me to a technician (on my own dime) 

After initially spending a large amount of money for the s10+, I'm not paying for this to be fixed and neither should anyone else; it is clear this is a software issue as it dissapeared for about an hour and came back and hasn't dissappeared since then. This seems to have appeared after the most recent update. 

It's clear it isn't the screen or the mother board. I'll attach an example of what my screen looks like. (Picture from a different user)

I have never questioned samsung until now. 

Samsung, please advise.

wlcjt4wkdtn31.jpg

TaylorT
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When dirt and dust or any foreign bodies get inside the phone it can kill the OLED panel. This is why if your phone cracks you need to get it fixed asap. The only way to fix this would be to get the OLED panel and the glass replaced which will be pricey.
usery9TYBly2x8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had a cracked screen for about a year now. It's clear that isn't the issue.

0 Likes
TaylorT
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It is I used to repair these phones... Trust me same thing happend to me a few years back learned my lesson.
BoyMom1x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The time is the entire point. If your screen has been that way for over a year, of course the pixels have sustained some damage over all that time. Samsung is probably correct on this one.