JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No message notification sound

(Topic created: 09-16-2020 11:21 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have no sound when I receive messages.  All other sounds work and the badge notification works along with the AOD screen notification.  I tried the "Smart Things" fix and all others listed to no avail....

55 Replies
useroBxu7YFfsR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have that same issue with my S9+. It took a while to figure it out, but I did it! I had used my bluetooth headphones, didn't turn them off, so all the messenger notication sounds were going to the headphones. The vibrate worked, but not the sound. Hope this helps.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no sound when I receive messages.  All other sounds work and the badge notification works along with the AOD screen notification.  I tried the "Smart Things" fix and all others listed to no avail....

0 Likes
CopperTech
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have had the problem with my Note10+ for a while. I finally figured out it was my Galaxy watch. Somehow my phone thought it was supposed to receive audio notifications. Other audio/sounds worked fine. If I disconnected the watch (bluetooth), notification sounds worked fine. Reconnect and they stopped working.

I couldn't find a setting that would fix it. Eventually I unpaired and re-paired the bluetooth between watch and phone. Now all works well. Just adding this as another option for those who may be having a problem the prior solutions don't fix.

0 Likes
userTj3UwfFVGq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Guys,

I was struggling to find a solution to my sound issue. there are many suggestions including data deletion and reset. please try this: notification volume may be pushed to zero. please check it. it worked for me after hours of search. so simple 🙂 

0 Likes
Feliciabee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My text messages won't sound on my galaxy note 9. the app looks like this. I've tried a number of things like clearing the cache and reset settings, but nothing is working.

Screenshot_20201118-124522_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

what do you see when you click on general notification?

0 Likes
userNepqacOMCs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same issue specially when I'm driving. I will get the notification when my phone is on the desk but not while I'm driving.

0 Likes