JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No message notification sound

(Topic created: 10-13-2019 05:20 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have no sound when I receive messages.  All other sounds work and the badge notification works along with the AOD screen notification.  I tried the "Smart Things" fix and all others listed to no avail....

55 Replies
users96D6Td4Ly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Awesome!!!  Thanks for this.

0 Likes
userkqZclzabKX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

YES, YES, YES .... thank you sooooo much.

You are a life saver.   It works ..... read all the other and reset is not an option.

0 Likes
userkqZclzabKX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

YES, YES, YES

Brilliant

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

0 Likes
user1obipjguvZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you VERY MUCH!  I spent hours troubleshooting this.  What a simple solution that should have been better documented!  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Long press on Message App icon > App Info > 3dots settings > Uninstall. And then go to galaxy store and reinstall the app again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can't uninstall a system app.  I did try "force stop" and that didn't work.  Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
userqZSiQ7JwQm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This issue was driving me crazy, but reinstalling worked for me!

0 Likes
farbeyondrivin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no sound when I receive messages.  All other sounds work and the badge notification works along with the AOD screen notification.  I tried the "Smart Things" fix and all others listed to no avail....

I have a solution meanwhile even if its temporary. I will message you. Best of luck changes. Cheers.

0 Likes
userOALmtPAoaq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have exact same problem on my new S10+.  I tried all settings but no luck.  I may have to perform factory reset to see if it helps. 

0 Likes
Firas123231
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same problem last year with my s6 just press volume buttom and increase the volume of notification