JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Turning on HotSpot Causes My Phone to just Restart after Update

(Topic created: 07-25-2023 08:57 AM)
SMatt2284
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Hot Spot was working like normal on Friday afternoon. I did the latest update in evening & then later that night every time I would try to turn it on, it would just restart my phone. Does anybody have a fix for it...besides doing a complete restore? 

Members_JkBFqqC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What helped?

0 Likes
SMatt2284
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did u do anything for it to work for u? Or did it just start working. Mine still doesnt work.
0 Likes
JFC76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the same issue after the update this past Friday. AT&T Samsung S10+ and I need it for work.
JFC76
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The recently released AT&T July OTA update has caused the S10 series phones hotspot button to fail. Everytime you press the hotspot button to turn it on. The phone crashes and restarts. I have spoken with AT&T support and they determined this is a major bug with the update. Please, I need to find a solution as I use the function for work related reasons.
Samsung S10+

userUZJZAfODOk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have this same issue. What is the solition?
0 Likes
MisterSinister
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm having same issue and use mt hotspot quite frequently at work. Any news on when new update will be released?
0 Likes
Members_JkBFqqC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did a factory reset to my s10 and it has solved the issue (at least for now).

0 Likes
Softballmom
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Email: officeofpresident@sea.samsung.com to report the issue. This is the email I got when I called Samsung today as their only other option was a factory reset which I can do due to needing my VPN code for my work and my IT takes a couple days to redo. Or I have to send them in my phone to reset to old software which leaves me without a phone for who knows how long.
Members_RYpRiPT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

same issue here, did the factory reset yesterday afternoon, worked fine last night, this morning back to the rebooting.... I did find a "work around" that I'm still testing. It seems that it only rebooted if the display had turned off, then about 30 seconds later it reboots. I've changed the timeout to 30 min and so far its been working as long as I keep the screen on (yes it makes no sense to me either yet)

0 Likes
Members_RYpRiPT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

scratch that, it still rebooted, it just took longer so not a good option 

0 Likes