JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to get RCS Chat features to work on Wi-Fi

(Topic created: 11-19-2022 04:56 PM)
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 that I got early this year. I much prefer using the Rich Communication Services (chat features) but I can't get it to work on wifi.

I can send texts with no issue. Wifi or Data. But when I try to send chat messages, they only work on data. I've tried typing out a message with wifi on, and it shows green. (Text) As soon as I turn wifi off, I see the message bubble switch to a dark blue. 
(Chat Message) 

Is there any way I can fix this? I like the ability to send full quality images and videos. Plus the ability to see when someone saw my message.

Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Update: thanks for all of your help. We got a new wifi router and now the chat features are working. I guess it was just unsupported on the one. Now I can keep using Samsung messages.

Thanks guys!

View solution in context

13 Replies
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Does anyone have any ideas?
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Are you using Samsung or Google messages?
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was using Google messages, but I wasn't a fan of the new icon released recently, so I switched back to Samsung messages.

Everything has been working except for that.
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Something I forgot to post earlier: here is a picture of my messages settings. I've prioritized chat messages, but I've also tried with automatic.

I've also tried resetting the messages settings.Screenshot_20221119-185320_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Who is your carrier
0 Likes
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Personally I still recommend google messages but either way, you have to be chatting with another Samsung/android user who also has chat features enabled
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
RCS is also carrier specific at&t and tmo only allow RCS via Google Messages that's one reason why Samsung ships out the newer phones with Google Messages set as the default messaging app
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I use Total by Verizon. A month or two ago, it was total wireless, but they were bought out by Verizon.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes. I understand I can only chat with other android users who have chat features enabled. It works on mobile data, but as soon as wifi if switched on then it switched to text.
0 Likes