JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to get RCS Chat features to work on Wi-Fi

(Topic created: 12-13-2022 05:41 AM)
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 that I got early this year. I much prefer using the Rich Communication Services (chat features) but I can't get it to work on wifi.

I can send texts with no issue. Wifi or Data. But when I try to send chat messages, they only work on data. I've tried typing out a message with wifi on, and it shows green. (Text) As soon as I turn wifi off, I see the message bubble switch to a dark blue. 
(Chat Message) 

Is there any way I can fix this? I like the ability to send full quality images and videos. Plus the ability to see when someone saw my message.

Thanks! 

13 Replies
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
And my carrier does support it. It just doesn't work on wifi.

And thanks for that information! I never knew why Samsung made the switch to Google messages.
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you for all of your help. I ended finding out that it is an issue with my wifi.
I went to my grandparents house and found that the chat messages were working with no issue while connected to their wifi.

I guess I will see if something is blocking it. Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
Solution
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Update: thanks for all of your help. We got a new wifi router and now the chat features are working. I guess it was just unsupported on the one. Now I can keep using Samsung messages.

Thanks guys!
TechnoFerg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm also having this same issue, it'll send as RCS over data but not over wi-fi. Both carrier and internet provider is spectrum

0 Likes