JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 No notification sounds

(Topic created: 03-06-2020 10:16 PM)
useryDIikaZ9Da
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Received the new S20 yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for notifications. 

I have searched every forum and searched through all the settings on both the apps and the notification settings  and everything is as it should be, but still no notification sounds.

The only unusual thing is when I go through the list of sounds no sample is played. Could it be that for some reason no files are actually attached to the ringtones?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usery6x0s5vTJW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,  I've had the same problem. I've sorted it through opening text 'messages' - settings - notifications - then press 'and hold (2 or 3 seconds)' New Messages - (release and further options appear) - check that 'alert' is active - check that ' sound' isn't silent (set your own message alert tone) - and lock screen is 'show content'..  All sorted😊

View solution in context

120 Replies
sunnybeachgirl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue, received the phone yesterday and have wasted so much time trying anything and everything.   I did move some sounds from Zedge into internal storage hoping that would help. Followed this old S10 link with hopes anything would work (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/How-to-change-notificaiton-sound-to-custom-sound/td-p...) I can now see the notification sound I moved in, I hear it when I click on it in the list of sounds but still nothing when a text comes in.

useryDIikaZ9Da
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for the tip! 

I followed the steps and it still won't play when I look through the list of notification sounds though it will play for some apps when a notif comes through, but not for all of them. 

Hopefully they fix this bug in the next update

doug6388
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

having the same problem.

Tab 7, S7, Zenwatch 2, S9, S20+
userYwi9hvtbSV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine is doing the same thing.   So frustrating!   Please find a fix to get these notifications working.

userqd6aee8EJD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have been having this exact issue as well.  It doesn't happen every day, some days all notifications work fine with sound, some days only a few apps function, some days none work with sound. It is so annoying and frustrating, I'm constantly having to restart phone because this is the only thing that seems to work fully. All my settings are reviewed constantly and nothing should be making it operate with no sound. Ridiculous Samsung!! 

Isaiah58
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I remember at first not seeing any sounds to select but eventually did something normal and found them. I forget what I did though. 

Options
Galaxy S20

Some themes restrict what sounds can be used. Try a different theme and see if it helps.

usersF3v4hKlUV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Go into settings for each app eg, messages,Email etc . Open notifications. press and hold new messages. If "sound" shows as silent set required sound and should then be OK. Worked for me after many hours of head scratching.

Members_bQJPDw2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

That worked! Thanks!!