JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does wiping the cache partition delete your saved passwords?

(Topic created: 01-08-2022 01:24 PM)
usert5yAbenrlN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Dear Samsung Community,

Does wipe cache partition in the recovery mode deletes the saved passwords in the websites and apps?

I mean do I need to log in again in to all apps after deleting the temporary files?

3 Replies
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
No. It won't delete any password
CircleTheFlame
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It doesn't delete anything saved on your phone. To my understanding it deletes temporary files. I wipe my cache if my phone ever slows down or does weird things. It can help with updates sometimes because the old files sometimes cause problems with a new OS
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can absolutely understand the importance of your data and would be happy to explain it further for you. Here is how wiping the cache partition works: The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes