JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S21 FE 5G message attachment issue

(Topic created: 02-15-2022 04:59 PM)
AceJH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

The phone is a Galaxy S21 FE 5G I only had it for a couple of days.

I have a problem with sending an attachment to 1 contact.  When I try to send an attachment it wants to send it as a link rather than the actual photo.  With all the other contacts I can send a photo with the message.  How can I correct this problem?

8 Replies
KyleBean
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
How are you sharing the photo (e.x. gallarey -> share, taking photo in messages app, etc.)?
0 Likes
AceJH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Sharing from the gallery within the text message...when you tap the arrow next to the text area you have the option to select either the gallery or camera. I have been doing it this way.  The issue is with only one contact, the rest have no problem.

0 Likes
KyleBean
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Maybe try recreating the contact and see if you can attach?
0 Likes
AceJH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I deleted the contact, rebooted my phone, added the contact with some initials to make it a little different and it still does the same thing. It wants to send the attachment as a link.

0 Likes
Solution
AceJH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I figured it out.  When I select the contact and then tap the gallery icon, at the bottom of the gallery pics there's a little icon that says "on" when I taped it turned to "off" and that solved my issue.

Tx2steppin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, I'm having trouble with this issue as well. Can you please screenshot the steps you used to fix your issues? I've tried to do what you said but I can't find the little icon you mentioned. 

Thank you, Tina

0 Likes
KyleBean
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Glad you got it sorted out!
0 Likes
Laymen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Everything I try to upload a file for my resume the I try to select media to fond file but it stays blank then goes back to application web page and says app not working
0 Likes