JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Issue with Bluetooth on S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 03-04-2021 09:12 AM)
userWGEvwRnDQ5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having issues with my S21 Ultra's Bluetooth. It keeps disconnecting the device from the phone. I have a galaxy watch and my hearing aids are connected Bluetooth to my phone. When I am having the issue I have to restart both my phone and my hearing aids to get them to connect. When I had my galaxy s10 I could screen share my phone to my tv, then I would disconnect my Bluetooth then reconnect it and I could have my phone on the tv but the sound through my hearing aids. But not with this new phone and the Bluetooth issue I can not connect to the tv and have the sound on the Bluetooth. Does anyone have this problem?

Also, on a side note I am not happy when I upgraded all my family form the S10 to the S21 and it did not come with a charging block. I have a wireless charger on my desk at work but I have to go out and buy a new charging cable to charge my phone in the truck. I got 4 S21s we all had S10s so I have to go out and get charging block for everyone. Theses phones are not cheap and then to go out and have to buy something to charge the phone is not ok.

12 Replies
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

what watch do you have? s21 does not support watch s2 or below models anymore

also, i saw some people about having tv mirroring issue.

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.

zmwt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the s21 Ultra as well, and I too have bluetooth problems.  First of all, Samsung's customer service is a joke. Probably the worst ever. For my problem to be fixed, I either have to take my phone to a repair center or ship it back to Samsung for them to repair. The nearest repair center is over an hour away from me. I don't have time to do that. But if I ship it back, I'll be without a phone for a week to 10 days. I can't possibly go that long without a phone. I've had the phone for 3 weeks. I don't know why they can't send me a new one and I send this one back. Anyway, I wish I could help you with your problem. My only advice is to not waste your time with contacting Samsung. And I also suggest you don't get another Samsung product. I have all Samsung products too. I have every watch, every pair of buds, and I always upgrade to the newest phone. I also have all Samsung appliances. You'd think they would want to take care of a customer like me. Oh well, lesson learned. I wish you luck!

Brad_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I had an s10 and I upgraded to the regular S21. There was one firmware update that I needed to install when it was fresh out of the box. Everything was fine and I had exceptional Bluetooth range but since the February security update my Bluetooth has gone down the drain for range. My active 2 LTE model will disconnect 20 ft away in my apartment where before the update I could leave my apartment and walk to my car and it would stay connected so obviously that last security update really messed up the Bluetooth and also the fast wireless charging. I haven't tried mirroring my phone to my Samsung TV because I never use that function but I will try later today and see how it goes.

I'm not sure if you're in Canada or where, but if you Google Samsung parts Canada and go to their website and scroll all the way down to the bottom and there will be a bunch of small print and you'll see cell phone accessories. You can buy the Samsung charging blocks which are authentic. As for charging cables you can buy a three pack of very well constructed type c INIU cables for around $12 and they support fast charging and I believe the transfer rate is around 480 mb/s transfer speeds. 

0 Likes
userdkVoUBCbJu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have an issue with my Galaxy S21 Ultra as well.  My Jabra Bluetooth headphones, which work great on all my other devices, have choppy audio when doing calls.  Listening to music is fine but as soon as a do a two way conversation I get the choppy audio.  It sounds choppy like having your sound card set to a wrong sample rate.

My Garmin watch disconnects quite often as well.  Didn't have that issue with my old S20 Ultra.  These same Bluetooth headphones worked perfectly with my S20 Ultra.  

userB4jv44AVoQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have this same problem! I deleted the smartthings app and it improved by maybe 75% of the time. Still have to disconnect and reconnect when on the call or teams the other 25% of the time. Shows it really is a software issue and not hardware. hope they address it soon. every new phone they release is really pushing me more and more towards apple. Can't waste time with all these "features" that don't add value when the basics are still buggy.
useruszgwcbqj3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I had the same problem. great media audio with my jabra, but horrible calls. I tried both the 85t and the 75t to see if maybe that was the problem. jabra said it was probably something with the samsung device that was interfering. I returned both sets of jabra since I needed them primarily for calls.
0 Likes
userfd05gu6Wio
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I also have problems with the Bluetooth connection. Especially with my hearing aids (Phonak Audéo Marvel). The S21 Ultra (Exynos version) sometimes doesn't connect to the hearing aids, sometimes it connects and immediately disconnects with the error "Connection cannot be established" (translated from German). Sometimes the Phonaks are connected but some apps don't have sound. Other times it lasts a while for the hearing aids to be connected...

That's so annoying... My S7 Edge and S10 didn't have those problems...

userNS12hQNm8E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm also having the same problem with my Jabra Evolve 75 bluetooth headset.  It only happens with phone calls where the audio is so choppy it's unusable.  But music is totally fine.  The only fix is to turn off bluetooth and the headset then turn it back on.  Then it will work fine for a while but the audio is still lower quality that it used to be on my S10+.  I've tried flushing the phones cache, clearing the bluetooth cache, removing all devices, removing android wear and my watch 3 but nothing helps.  I just tried turning off android auto wireless sync (I don't use it anyway).  Maybe that will help.

0 Likes
Solution
userNS12hQNm8E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I may have found a fix for the S21 bluetooth issues.  Go into Android Auto settings and turn off wireless sync.  It's been working fine now for over a day.