JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-29-2021 11:00 AM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AnthonyD504
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Was going to buy the S21 Ultra until I saw it had no sd support, so got the Note20 Ultra instead. However, next time I upgrade if the Note or S series doesn't have micto sd support I'll be moving on from Samsung. Unless they offer a 512gb option that isn't hundreds of dollars more than the base version.
0 Likes
userkGUjShco4u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have had a galaxy phone ever since the S3 and I always found it to be a better brand with more customised options ( I liked how we got a clear phone case with my note 10). Even when the prices were near identical to IPhone  and the price drop after 1 year is considerable to an iphone I stuck by it. NOT ANY MORE.

I will be start moving to a different ecology..starting with my watch , headphone and tab, then my phone ( I GOT THE S21 on pre order already).

I dont even want to talk about the charger.

YOU HAVE LET ME DOWN.

userybRWzXuqVu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

one SD cards are gone away. two if u own any samsung devices your old samsung block will work with the 21. also they are giving u enough credits to get a charging block since the phone still is giving u a charging cable.

userkGUjShco4u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

yea the big brands are pushing us for cloud storage and I am not happy about it. I want local storage for my files and I will keep switching brands till their is no one that offers sd card.
I am not heart broken about the charge even though they should allow give people the chance to include it in their package. the wattage of the chargers have changed dramatically over the past few year and people still have the old one.

AnthonyD504
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Why would I rather pay a monthly fee for access to any decent amount of cloud storage when I could spend 25$ total and buy a 256 gb card I always have access too. Not to mention said sd can't be hacked (icloud anyone?) and I don't have to worry about data speeds and constant uploading and downloading. Micro sd cards still definitely have their advantages. These companies are all pushing cloud storage because it's another recurring revenue stream for them.
0 Likes
userybRWzXuqVu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I mean they are moving away from them cause SD cards are becoming a thing of the past. and cloud storage is better cause u don't have to worry about losing it, are been damaged like SD cards. and the charging block is basically free cause u getting up 250 dollars in credits to buy a 25 are 45 watt block. and if u still have a s8 or s9 u can still use that 15watt block.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

The main empetus for the removal has nothing to do with cloud storage being better in any way EXCEPT for the contract between Samsung and Microsoft. Do not just believe the advertising without thinking it through. Is the cloud storage available EVERYWHERE in the US? No! Is it secure? No! Just look at all of the companies and Federal sites that have been breached recently. Look at the scope of the damage and loss of service caused by one single explosion In Nashville Tennessee on Christmas day.

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Cloud storage would be OK (maybe too slow), but when you are in a place with no internet at all, then cloud doesn't works so well.  I've been many places where I was thankful I had my SD card.  (Been to 50 countries and then don't all have internet access everywhere)

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

What makes you think the cloud can't lose stuff?  It is just computer stuff after all.  One wrong keystroke can screw things up royal.  I've read of people that had accounts suspended and then everything on it was deleted.  Gone forever.

What if the building that houses that cloud storage has a fire and gets destroyed?  Going back a long time ago, I worked for Occidental Systems Incorporated in IT.  Back then, the important financial data was stored on magnetic tape.  We had a room full of tapes and an operator to mount them.  And the tapes were backed up in "generations" so if one was lost, they could still go back to the previous one.

One day, something happened to the main tape.  So they went to the backup tape.  No good. Went to the previous backup.  No good. Went to every backup tape for that that they had.  ALL bad! How could all the tapes go bad.  It turned out that the cleaning staff would clean the floors.  And buff them with a big buffing machine.  As that electric motor was whisked back and forth on the floor, EVERY tape on the bottom rack was erased by the magnetic field.

Of course, nowadays, they likely don't have magnetic tape, but the point is, you can never guess what bad thing can happen, until it does.

I have stuff on the phone, backed up to the PC, PC backed up to external storage AND cloud storage.  And the photos I back up to metal disk every once in a while which are supposed to be good for 1000 years (unlike DVDs, for instance)

So good luck depending on cloud storage alone...