JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra Verizon Unable to send/receive MMS over 10MB unless I'm on Wi-Fi

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 03:38 PM)
DebatableAim
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Does anyone know how to fix the MMS thing that  says I need to be on Wi-Fi to send or receive messages or videos larger than 10MB?

Please help I been digging through this phone like crazy and can't find a limiter or anything even close to my issue.
Galaxy s21 ultra
15 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@TMan58  You're using Google Messages.  I too have the option to send up to 105mb over mobile data with Google but not with Samsung.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
TMan58
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Right. I thought with the S21 series samsung stopped using there "Messages". Is this just tmobile that loads Googles version? Thank you.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

S21 Verizon comes with Samsung Messages as default.  I cant speak to other carriers.  I had to load Google messages myself.

I use Samsung Messages because of my Galaxy Watch3

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

My MMS using Samsung Messages and Verizon are reformatted.  An 11mb jpg goes out as 1mb.  There are no settings that I can find that address this.

Link Sharing works great for sharing original format files.

Bill
---
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I would suggest utilizing Google Photos or a similar app where you can create a link to share videos/pictures via text and email without issues of quality compression and file size limits.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

I understand how frustrating this can be. I was able to locate an article providing more information on Verizon's file size limitations. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-14641/  For additional troubleshooting, you will need to contact them directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.